ADR pre-training

Hi.
My plan is to do my ADR later this year.
However for now I stucked at home for next couple of weeks (broken arm…) and I thought that would be a good idea to start learning/reading about ADR while I can’t work. Can you guys recommend any good book or website I can use to get the basic knowledge in this matter? Thx.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23162
Does that help a bit :question:

Luke81:
Hi.
My plan is to do my ADR later this year.
However for now I stucked at home for next couple of weeks (broken arm…) and I thought that would be a good idea to start learning/reading about ADR while I can’t work. Can you guys recommend any good book or website I can use to get the basic knowledge in this matter? Thx.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Luke81,

My honest advice is that you do something else whilst your broken arm mends. :smiley:

ADR is a complex subject, but you’ll only need to learn the relevant knowledge to pass the ADR drivers’ exams.

This is the job of the training provider and their instructor once you go on your course. On day #1, they’ll give you some kind of book/handout that goes with the course. Then you’ll get the lessons and the opportunity to ask questions.

The point I’m making is that there’s nothing for you to worry about in the lead-up to your course because there is no assumption of prior knowledge or experience, so you can relax and let your broken arm mend, because that’s more important just now.

If you go trawling about on the web, you won’t be able to evaluate what you’re reading because you won’t know whether it’s out of date, on the correct topic(s) or in too much depth for what you need.

My honest advice… leave the subject of ADR alone until you get to your course. :smiley:

My honest advice is that you do something else whilst your broken arm mends. :smiley:

ADR is a complex subject, but you’ll only need to learn the relevant knowledge to pass the ADR drivers’ exams.

This is the job of the training provider and their instructor once you go on your course. On day #1, they’ll give you some kind of book/handout that goes with the course. Then you’ll get the lessons and the opportunity to ask questions.

The point I’m making is that there’s nothing for you to worry about in the lead-up to your course because there is no assumption of prior knowledge or experience, so you can relax and let your broken arm mend, because that’s more important just now.

If you go trawling about on the web, you won’t be able to evaluate what you’re reading because you won’t know whether it’s out of date, on the correct topic(s) or in too much depth for what you need.

My honest advice… leave the subject of ADR alone until you get to your course. :smiley:

That would have been my response. But I am no expert on ADR though we employ one to teach it. (dogs and barking yourself spring to mind haha). Dave is the forum guru when it comes to ADR so I’m pleased he’s chipped in as this is the most reliable information you’ll get anywhere.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

And if it helps, in around 25 years of ADR, I’ve only had two drivers fail a couple of classes, so I wouldn’t worry too much.