Warning- Please read

I have been informed that a recruitment company has been contacting recent passes , they are stating they are recommended by us and a training provider - to be clear TruckNet does not pass on any details from here to anyone and we do not endorse any recruitment agencies. If you are contacted by any recruitment agency that claims to be endorsed by TruckNet please send me via e-mails all details. The only recruitment people we work with are Logistics Job Shop and they do not have access to your e-mail address’s or personal details.

We had a similar conversation with a former candidate only yesterday. And we made it very clear that we never pass on personal information.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

How do they contact people ?

Phone, text, email, letter ?

And where do they get our contact details from ?

Is what they are doing illegal ?

How do they contact people ?

Phone, text, email, letter ?

And where do they get our contact details from ?

Is what they are doing illegal ?

I have little experience with this (just one case), but contact was via phone as far as I know.

I’m led to believe that some phone numbers are obtainable via social media, and naturally folks’ success is plastered everywhere.

I don’t know if this activity is illegal. But it makes me feel uncomfortable and, IMO, it’s immoral at the very least.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If anybody is unexpectedly contacted by email or PM from an agency, please forward it straight away to:

notifications@trucknetuk.com

It WILL be dealt with very robustly because that kind of activity is in serious breach of forum rules if they’re trawling around and making unsolicited contact with our members.

We can only deal with this if we receive a proper forwarded message with headers etc so we can look into where it came from.

I read this thread everyday, because it’s pinned. It’s never updated with any information that’s worth reading. Please could the title be changed or be unpinned so that I don’t have to keep reading it everyday?

stu675:
I read this thread everyday, because it’s pinned. It’s never updated with any information that’s worth reading. Please could the title be changed or be unpinned so that I don’t have to keep reading it everyday?

You don’t have to read the thread to see if there are any new posts.
Assuming that you’re logged in the pinned symbol will be red if there are unread posts and grey if there are no new posts since the last time you opened the topic.

Try it when you’ve read this post, go back to the new drivers forum, you may need to refresh the page, and the pinned symbol should have turned grey.

By the way, it’s the same with all the threads, the topic symbol is red if there are unread posts.

Unfortunately there’s no such notification if you use Tapatalk.

stu675:
Unfortunately there’s no such notification if you use Tapatalk.

OK, I haven’t used Tapatalk for a couple of years so I don’t know how you tell if there’ve been new posts in a topic.

New post to threads on Tapatalk show a black bar at the side of the thread as in the picture below. A thread that has been read won’t have the black bar at the left side.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Or dependent on the colour scheme of the forum may be a different colour like blue on other forums I use Tapatalk with.

simcor:
New post to threads on Tapatalk show a black bar at the side of the thread as in the picture below. A thread that has been read won’t have the black bar at the left side.

Thanks! [emoji3] of course I was being facetious, but that is something new I’ve learnt [emoji106]