Class C in Glasgow and the West

So after passing my Class C at the end of November I have been on the hunt for a job. I must have handed out about 20 CV’s and sent off a speculative email to another dozen companies. I have been to three interviews and done 1 assessment drive but with no luck. I haven’t went down the agency route just yet as all I hear is that there is no work yet or it doesn’t pick up until March. So my question is what do I do now. Do I wait until the start of the week and contact all the companies that I gave my CV too and sent an email too. This is what I want to do so I’m not giving up lol is there any companies in Glasgow and the west that are known to take on new passes without experience, or is it a case of just being there at the right time. Any help will be appreciated, pm me if you don’t want to put it on the tinterweb
Cheers Paul

As a general rule of thumb, it’s best to deliver your cv personally to the Transport Manager or person responsible for hiring.

The CV’s you’ve emailed will probably not have reached the correct person. So go for the personal visit; it is a lot more reliable.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You tried Brakes and the co-op at Newhouse?

Cheers Pete I will keep that in mind,

harrawaffa:
You tried Brakes and the co-op at Newhouse?

I went for an interview with brakes in Port Dundas but wasn’t successful as someone with previous multi drop got it, I was looking on the website for co-op but there was nothing on it, I didn’t think you would get going to the gate of an RDC but I may be wrong, I have just had a call from someone offering me an interview on Monday, I had just seen it on Indeed, they asked for 1 year min driving and previous multi drop, I informed them I don’t have any but I have to go, so if anything I will use it as interview experience lol
Cheers Paul

Try that Paul.

I done it through agency down South, near Donny and they take new passes.

ig24.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_makro01 … ljlrmxrfog

Its Booker delivering to Londis. Tough graft but spot on for experience

Co-op newhouse is through ADR network tons of work if they’ll give you a chance.
Burns express Barrhead area advertising for rigid drivers on website
Neil Williams haulage take new starts on and have a depot at parkhead
Graham’s dairies have depot in port Dundas and usually looking for drivers
Ask the question they can only say no
DM me and i’ll give you transport managers mobile number for RT Keedwell in Uddingston, they have class 2 cutrtainsiders doing pallet deliveries
Wm Tracey Linwood usually looking also
I’ve did some co-op work years ago through agency but i’ve never worked for any of the rest so don’t know what they’re like. Hope that gives you some ideas.

We couldn’t get anywhere with ADR they straight out said experience needed. Sure recruitment had some jobs for United before Christmas though have had anything from them this side of the year. If you can get to Stirling and Bridge of Allan, register with Alba. They gave us a chance newly passed with Grahams dairy. They send someone out with you first few runs to train then you.

Cheers I done an assessment drive with William Tracey and was hoping to get a call to say either I got it or not, but no luck just yet, Burns Express got my cv just last week, no contact, NWH I seen them yesterday when I was over the eastend so popped my cv into them and a couple of companies that had the big rigid vacs? I will contact ADR to see if they take on new drivers. I will pop another application into bookers, nothing ventured nothing gained,
Stirling is just a bit too far for travelling but I will keep my eye out
Cheers
Paul

reeferman65:
Co-op newhouse is through ADR network tons of work if they’ll give you a chance.
Burns express Barrhead area advertising for rigid drivers on website
Neil Williams haulage take new starts on and have a depot at parkhead
Graham’s dairies have depot in port Dundas and usually looking for drivers
Ask the question they can only say no
DM me and i’ll give you transport managers mobile number for RT Keedwell in Uddingston, they have class 2 cutrtainsiders doing pallet deliveries
Wm Tracey Linwood usually looking also
I’ve did some co-op work years ago through agency but i’ve never worked for any of the rest so don’t know what they’re like. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Not wanting to split hairs, but it’s Keedwell Scotland that have class 2, technically different companies. RT Keedwell Glasgow is run from Carlisle, and is all class 1 on tramping.

Long Lane at Bellshill are constantly recruiting! Not the best company around (just my opinion) but they start newbies! Worth a try, stick it out as long as u can then thats you got experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk