Module 2 is so hard :(

So ive passed my multiple choice and HPT and also my practical test but ive now failed module 2 twice 38/50 both times. Both times ive had 6 questions wrong on carriage of goods and 4 on loading the vehicle safely.

Anyone any advise on how to pass this test and surely it isnt just me who finds it so hard :blush:

Been a while since i did it but i do remember finding it quite difficult, after everybody told me what a doddle it was. I found the way that each example was worded was deliberately confusing, i had to re-read everything multiple times over before i could answer even the easy questions.

A few people seem to struggle on this.

Have you tried the practice questions that are available online?

I used lgvtheory.co.uk

There are also cd Roms that you can buy on eBay.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-The-Comple … SwyYFaKWCw

Also, how long ago did you pass the theory? Might be worth doing those practice tests again as a lot of the case studies have those questions in them

human cannonball:
Been a while since i did it but i do remember finding it quite difficult, after everybody told me what a doddle it was. I found the way that each example was worded was deliberately confusing, i had to re-read everything multiple times over before i could answer even the easy questions.

Yeah mate everyone has told me how easy it is yet ive struggled with it was thinking i was the only one ha. I passed my multiple choice easily but this is proving really difficult.

jonnyboat:
A few people seem to struggle on this.

Have you tried the practice questions that are available online?

I used lgvtheory.co.uk

There are also cd Roms that you can buy on eBay.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-The-Comple … SwyYFaKWCw

Also, how long ago did you pass the theory? Might be worth doing those practice tests again as a lot of the case studies have those questions in them

D

I have signed up to drivingtheoryforall not sure if its any good but ill give it a try. I will also try the link you posted aswell cheers mate.
Passed my theorys last month found them really easy and even found my practical very easy since im a bus driver but this nod 2 is a different story :blush:

Have you read the driving goods vehicles book :question:

Mod 2 generally has 2 pretty obvious wrong answers leaving you with 2 possibles from the examples I have seen

I just came back from it - did 42/50 and you pass from 40/50. I was 100% sure of about 39 of my answers so had to get one of those eleven dodgy ones right.

I bought a DVD from ebay which wasn’t very good and then decided to buy access to lgvtheory.com. That was much better - bear in mind you need at least a week to study all the cases from that page (137 cases).

Exam cases was rather easy except one when you have two owner drivers in the cab. I think I got all my wrong answers from that case.

If you haven’t already get the DVSA book “Driving Goods Vehicles”. It’s fairly cheap and you can find
used books on eBay for a fiver or something.
Don’t bother with the DVSA “Driver CPC” book, it’s a waste of time!

Read and understand everything in that book!
Find a good revision site that suits you. I used https://www.drivingtheory4all.co.uk/

Basically revise and test yourself constantly until your mock scores are high and you feel confident with
the material.

it’s important to read through each question and scenario fully and really understand both the question that
is being asked and how it’s being presented. I found a few scenarios gave you information that wasn’t needed
in the question and then a few questions like this later, they had what you needed in the scenario.

Take your time and don’t rush.

If you’ve prepared, you should pass with little to no problems.

It’s an oldie but it is true…“if you fail to prepare. Prepare to fail”

I found it easy didn’t even revise. Just winged it as I knew the majority of the questions the answers were obvious. 35 out of the fifty were easy 15 were tricky so just relied on guess work.

Get this book and read it…DVSA book “Driving Goods Vehicles”. I bought a CPC app for my iPhone and a DVD overkill I thought but I wanted to pass. The practise tests i did on the app and dvd had single or multiple answers in them and if you got one of the multiple answers wrong say 1 out of 3 then you got the whole question wrong i was worried about the test.

I sat the case studies last Friday and got 48/50 and not one of the questions had more than one answer, a straight 50 questions and as was said earlier 2ish obviously wrong answers leaving a choice of 2, sometimes 1 is say that because of the healthy eating question, which meal should Fred choose. A meal with veg, or full english, or sausage and chips or a pastie, now that one i guessed :wink:

Read the book the info in there is invaluable.

Really helpful info on here, thanks fella’s. Ive done the multiple choice, Hazard perception and about to do the practical and no bloody idea there was a module 2!!! There is the walk around safety test also I believe. Is that on the day of the practical test and then module 2 booked later?

Really helpful info on here, thanks fella’s. Ive done the multiple choice, Hazard perception and about to do the practical and no bloody idea there was a module 2!!! There is the walk around safety test also I believe. Is that on the day of the practical test and then module 2 booked later?

The “walk around” you refer to is known as Module 4. Before you can take that you must pass Module 2 which is the case study test taken at your local theory test centre.

Sometimes, the Module 4 will be the same day as your practical driving test. It depends, to some extent, on the trainer. If you select one that has their own Mod 4 assessor on staff, then there should be virtually no waiting time. eg we can organise Mod 4 test within 1 working day as a rule.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: