Class 2 costs ?

What the average all you guys have laid out to aquire your licence including medicals cpc’s the whole lot ? Looking for a rough ball park figure.

Any replies much appreciated.

390 ish class 2
600 class 1, but my place trained me as a shunter to give me a leg up.

Cheers for the reply mate what i meant is how much to get trained upto class 2 bud

Stoney123:
how much to get trained upto class 2 bud

You will probably be relieved of about £1500 by the time you have had medical, Theory test, HP test then after you have got your licence you still need to buy your Tacho card. I have just passed my Class C at the end of November. Depending where in the country you are there should be a decent training school. Just go to one that has there own vehicles, Maybe someone you know has used them or do a search on here. Peter Smythe Transport on here has a good setup and may still offer the free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from his school. Don’t use a broker please, there is no need to use a middle man, go and see companies they wont mind. good luck with your hunt.
There is a wealth of knowledge on here so ask away. if you don’t want to ask the question, use the search bar at the top of the page as its likely to have been asked before
Cheers
Paul

£1300 it cost me all in to get class 2 that was everything passed first time. So factor in the costs of a retest just in case you fail something.

I would say that you need £2k to hand for C and £3k to hand for both C and CE

Umm…

Theory tests (all of them) books and buying apps etc… Call that about £100. Medical was done years ago - but was about £50. My little brother who is a sales manger as VW is thinking of doing it and the price the same. So call that £150.

Training and test including cpc. I paid £1260 I think. From Peter Smythes. Very very good value and I was very happy.

As I’ve said on here - I failed twice. First re-test was £300 and the second one was £270 as they knocked off 10% trucknet discount. So £570 in retests.

And then you need to buy a tacho card which is about £30.

So it cost me approx: £2k.

ROG:

Very good advice. And very on the money - anyone would think ROG knows a thing or two about this :smiley: .

PSTT price match. Currently, Stobarts are running an offer: eddiestobart.com/training-academ … ing-school

That’s £2300 for all your theory, and class 1+2 training and a cpc thrown in. Get PSTT to price match it and then add on pass protection twice at £300 a pop. And the total price for a near guaranteed class 1 licence is £2900. Add on £50 for medical and £30 for tacho - and you are near the £3k number. Which to me is very simple, and stress free.

You could take the chance of passing and do it all for sub £2.5k. That will work for some people and not others. I’ve put a deposit down on my class 1 and will pay for pass protection.

About 1700k all in for my cat c but I chose to train over 7 days. It would be about 1500k over 5 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, on the face of it we’re a bit more expensive than some. Difficult to compare like with like but we still offer a pricematch.

And if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW, free accommodation for the duration of your practical training.

To top all that, pay the normal rates and get interest free credit up to £1000. Payable £100 per month over 10 months starting the month after your course and test.

That all takes some beating!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I totted this up recently from my own training last year. Think it was about £1400 all in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do some research on firms that pay all your training, from fork lift, Adr dangerous goods, and driver Cpc.
Gregorys have apprenticeships .
Knights of Old Kettering.
Atl transport Derby.
RT Keedwell Highbridge.
Jays transport Highbridge.
Wrings Bristol.
David Hathaway Yate.
IJ MCgill Keynsham.
Saville freight Bristol.
Massey Wilcox Chilcompton.
Matthew Clarke Shepton Mallet.
Nectar Imports Zeale.
Brakes Portishead.
Co op Avonmouth and Andover.
Farm Foods Severn Beach.

ROG:

What ROG says.

Cost me the thick end of £3K all in to get CE with ADR (Tanks & Packs) with Ritchies in Glasgow.

Not that it’s helpful but I don’t want to feel let out on this thread lol

Class C cost me nowt but think it cost my boss around 750 quid but that was back in 2003.

My C+E cost me 1300 quid out of my own pocket.

But I already had DCPC and didn’t need a medical or theory as I had my class C licence.

So far, £1700 ish and thats with a retest. Docs, Training, Test, another test and CPC. Cost me a tenner for a book to gen up on passing my modules.