Another tacho/driving question

So today as of now I’ve drove 2hr23m. Can I still split my 1st 45min break into a 15min and a 30mins break?
Thank you
[emoji106]

You can split any driving break as long as you have a minimum 1 min of driving before you start any break

Yes.

Technically you could drive 4 hrs 28 minute have a 15 min break. Drive 1 more minute and then have a 30 minute break.

Thank you chaps. So can I split the 2nd break aswell?

jamieh1990:

Assuming you mean your second 45 minute driving break the answer is yes.

You can split any 45 minute driving break as long as the first part is at-least 15 minutes and the second part is at-least 30 minutes.

tachograph:

jamieh1990:

You can split any 45 minute driving break as long as the first part is at-least 15 minutes and the second part is at-least 30 minutes.

So to confirm if by 2nd you mean the remaining 30 min’s of your first 4.5 hours of driving.
No you cannot split it it has to be 30 minutes.

RayW:

tachograph:

jamieh1990:

So to confirm if by 2nd you mean the remaining 30 min’s of your first 4.5 hours of driving.
No you cannot split it it has to be 30 minutes.

The first part of the split break needs to be at least 15 minutes and the second part needs to be at least 30 minutes, you cannot do a 30 and then a 15 .

Legal example for driving time breaks

drive 2.5 hours
break 15 mins
drive 2 hours
break 30 mins
drive 3.5 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
break 30 mins

Ahhh I don’t know why but I was under the impression you could only split the first 45. That’s made my life alot better now!
Should have posted earlier!
Thank you all

ROG:
Legal example for driving time breaks

drive 2.5 hours
break 15 mins
drive 2 hours
break 30 mins
drive 3.5 hours
break 15 mins
drive 1 hour
break 30 mins

You would not need the second 15 + 30 if the second period driving time did not get to 4.5 hours

You can only do 30 15 if it’s for the wtd, as for split driving brakes 15 followed by a 30 or if you have taken a 30 and wanna split the 2nd break will need to be 30 mins as the first brake will be looked at as a 15 :slight_smile:

Horley:
You can only do 30 15 if it’s for the wtd

And there’s no real reason in doing that

jamieh1990:
So today as of now I’ve drove 2hr23m. Can I still split my 1st 45min break into a 15min and a 30mins break?
Thank you
[emoji106]

Indeed you can.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk