Manual entry on tacho for infrequent driving?

Hi

New guy here.

Regarding manual entries on the tacho, I have a question that I have not seen covered anywhere. I am in infrequent driver and it may be a week or two between card insertions.

So if I drive on the 1st of the month and the 20th, surely I don’t input all my shifts and rest in between? What is think I need to do is when inserting my card on the 20th, input the rest of my shift for the 1st, use the question mark between the 1st and the 19th, record the start of the rest period on the 19th and the start of the shift on the 20th?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Yes .
Finish off your last duty time.
Insert your off time using the ? Symbol then enter your start of shift time .

Thank you

AloofLoofah:
So if I drive on the 1st of the month and the 20th, surely I don’t input all my shifts and rest in between? What is think I need to do is when inserting my card on the 20th, input the rest of my shift for the 1st, use the question mark between the 1st and the 19th, record the start of the rest period on the 19th and the start of the shift on the 20th?

There’s no need to record the start of the rest period on the 19th, as Nick said do any required manual entry for the end of the shift on the 1st then use the ? to record all the time to the start of the shift of the 20th, do any required manual entry for the start of the shift on the 20th and you’re good to go.

Legally in any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you need to record any other work that you’ve done in the same week.

Legally you only need to record the start and finish times of none driving work days and the records should be on a printout or chart, though a diary/notebook record will probably do.