I suppose I'm a wannabe?

mr_pele_rocco:
Alright everyone, I couldn’t find an introduction area so thought this would probably be my best bet.

Good to see a popular forum, not many have survived over the years (with the introduction of FB messenger, WhatsApp, etc) so reckon I’ll get the answers I’m seeking.

Basically, I’ve always loved big engines, loud noise, big wheels, big [zb] and control over all of those things haha. However, messing around in my teens and sort, I ended up becoming a joiner basher. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the concept of working with timber and all the things that go with it but as of late - I’ve had an epiphany, if you like. I want to drive big eff off trucks! So much so I’ve started using truck simulators, joined enthusiasts clubs (for Scandinavian sorts,) talk about them none stop, it’s driving the missus mad. Oh and did I mention, I love driving- always have. Got my licence when I was 18 and I’m now 34 and I still get that excitement of going for a spin.

So, with all of this factored in the mix, where do I start? I know I’m going to get naysayers and all that, but I’m not going through life wondering “what if I did something I really enjoyed?” My uncle was a HGV driver all his life and was once tour manager to a popular 70’s Rock group and he’s never had a bad word to say about the job.

I’m 34, clean licence for at least 10+ years, good health and to be honest, I’m a cracking driver.

Hit me with it :smiley:

Really? We’ll see… :grimacing: many people after following one career after a number of years fancy a change, nowt wrong with that. Scratch that itch!