Just passed my class one

Just passed my class one and every company that are looking for experience how can you get experience if no one will give u a chance is there any companies in glass that take on new drivers thanks

try local small companies or you will have to go to big companies such as stobarts for a year or two to get experience then move on else where. I started at stobarts 6 months later found a local company on milk tankers who took me on. its just luck get out their and go knocking on doors of local companies or atleast say where you are looking so people could help.

Dougie2016:
Just passed my class one and every company that are looking for experience how can you get experience if no one will give u a chance is there any companies in glass that take on new drivers thanks

Keep looking, approach businesses directly and be available when work comes your way (might be an obvious thing to say but people soon forget about experience when they’re desperate for a driver).

Alot of this advice is from watching endless HGV vlogs on youtube for the past year, I haven’t got my license just yet my training is soon but I almost got a company to sponsor me when I hadn’t even passed my theory by going straight in there.

Find your closest Stobart depot and you will get a job. People have their opinions on them and their practices but they will give anyone a chance which is what you need.

I have just noticed stobarts are looking for class one drivers at a depot near me who are willing to take on new drivers I have just applied for it what are they like to work for and what is the driving assessment like

Dougie2016:
I have just noticed stobarts are looking for class one drivers at a depot near me who are willing to take on new drivers I have just applied for it what are they like to work for and what is the driving assessment like

Never worked for them personally so can’t comment. Use the search box at the top right of your screen you’ll find plenty of info people have posted on here about them. Mostly to do with their low hourly rate which has add on’s like meal allowance to make it look reasonable. Don’t be disheartened by what you read you need the experience and they’ll give you it.
Driving assessment will be the usual daily checks, couple up to trailer, go for a drive and then a reverse exercise. Maybe not that exact order but that’s what will be involved. Might be a multiple choice test on drivers hours and highway code stuff as well.

which stobart depot have you applied for?

Dougie2016:

You must be lying. I don’t believe you.
thesun.co.uk/news/5098876/c … -truckers/
From one week ago.

adam277:

Dougie2016:

You must be lying. I don’t believe you.
thesun.co.uk/news/5098876/c … -truckers/
From one week ago.

That article is dated about 4 weeks ago and may be true for getting drivers for a short time but in general it is untrue because if there was a shortage then newbies would be snapped up the moment they passed for full time perm jobs

Dougie2016:

Congratulations, tell us where you’re based and that may help someone who knows of any vacancies.

Thanks it was bellshill depot for storbarts am I based in Glasgow

ROG:
That article is dated about 4 weeks ago and may be true for getting drivers for a short time but in general it is untrue because if there was a shortage then newbies would be snapped up the moment they passed for full time perm jobs

The sun ran it so it must be true. :sunglasses:

have you tried gist they recently took over the arla contract from stobarts up their and their was emanation of one of the bread companies opening a depot up that way or try coop newhouse.

Well the advice that everyone is always says is get out there and knock on doors.
Well that’s what I did today on a company just down the road from me had a chat with the TM and got a Driving assessment on Thursday

Thanks I try that during week I had a look at gist but there wanting two years experience