Pertemps and other agencies around Heathrow

Is there anyone on here who has experience of working for Pertemps? I am thinking of paying a visit to their office near Heathrow. Could you tell me what they are like as an agency? I am an experienced Class 2 driver, and passed my HGV 18 months ago, but haven’t had much work as an HGV, though that is what I want to do.
Also, are there any other okay agencies around the west side of London and Heathrow?
Has anyone dealt with the Manpower office in Acton?

Droog:
Is there anyone on here who has experience of working for Pertemps? I am thinking of paying a visit to their office near Heathrow. Could you tell me what they are like as an agency? I am an experienced Class 2 driver, and passed my HGV 18 months ago, but haven’t had much work as an HGV, though that is what I want to do.
Also, are there any other okay agencies around the west side of London and Heathrow?

I’m sure there will be others along shortly with tales of horror but I started with Pertemps and found them to be OK.
They’ve found me the work I was after, pay me on time at the rates we have agreed on and don’t ■■■■ me about with late cancellations etc. Not sure you can ask for anything more than that to be honest.

I’m in Glasgow BTW so they may vary regionally.

rabb:

Droog:

I’m sure there will be others along shortly with tales of horror but I started with Pertemps and found them to be OK.
They’ve found me the work I was after, pay me on time at the rates we have agreed on and don’t ■■■■ me about with late cancellations etc. Not sure you can ask for anything more than that to be honest.

I’m in Glasgow BTW so they may vary regionally.

I would concur with rabb on his comments as my dealings with them somewhat mirror his.

I would sum up as probably ‘the best of a bad lot’

Watch your money every week without fail!!! I’ve worked for 3 branches of Pertemps and they were all bent!