Passed Class 1 retake this morning!

As the title says, I’ve passed second time around and what a way to start the new year!

It wasn’t pretty, I managed to rack up 11 minors but a pass is a pass. Thanks to Rob at Dulson training.

I’m over the moon… Well until I have to try reversing one of them in real life :laughing:

Redrum:
As the title says, I’ve passed second time around and what a way to start the new year!

It wasn’t pretty, I managed to rack up 11 minors but a pass is a pass. Thanks to Rob at Dulson training.

I’m over the moon… Well until I have to try reversing one of them in real life :laughing:

Well done on the pass!

My biggest fear was the reversing too but in reality, you’ll be fine. I’m a month into class 1 and backing on to bays etc with the best of them.

I got two really good bits of advice from an old hand.

1. Get your head out the window and watch your trailer, not a ■■■■■■■ mirror.

2. Never blind side reverse unless you have no other option. If you have to, get off your arse and go have a look before you attempt it.

I’ve also found that if I lift the tag axle, it makes manoeuvring easier. It’s not always possible if your heavily loaded though.

Best of luck!!

rabb:

Redrum:

I’m over the moon… Well until I have to try reversing one of them in real life [emoji1]

Well done on the pass!

My biggest fear was the reversing too but in reality, you’ll be fine. I’m a month into class 1 and backing on to bays etc with the best of them.

I got two really good bits of advice from an old hand.

1. Get your head out the window and watch your trailer, not a [zb] mirror.

2. Never blind side reverse unless you have no other option. If you have to, get off your arse and go have a look before you attempt it.

I’ve also found that if I lift the tag axle, it makes manoeuvring easier. It’s not always possible if your heavily loaded though.

Best of luck!!

Some good advice but I disagree with the bit about avoiding blindsiding,it’s good to get practice in at every opportunity otherwise when you get to the place that requires a blindside and you have little room for error it’s going to end in disaster!!
Practice blindsiding at services if there is plenty of room,Also goes for RDCs…better to practice the easy ones it’ll help when the ■■■■ ones come along.
We used to deliver here,place in Bedworth town centre…it’s on a one way system so a blindside is the only option

Practicing before gets your ready for these situations,get this one wrong and you’re damaging cars or getting the trailer stuck on the posts.
Oh and you’d always have an audience and a stream of cars behind you because couldn’t deliver before 9 :smiley:

Thanks for the advice chaps, can’t wait to get out on the road and ditch the rigid

Redrum:
Thanks for the advice chaps, can’t wait to get out on the road and ditch the rigid

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Please don’t, that sort of attitude gets us all a bad name :slight_smile: :wink:

tachograph:

Redrum:

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Please don’t, that sort of attitude gets us all a bad name :slight_smile: :wink:

Christ, I haven’t even had the licence a full 12 hours yet… Imagine me in a few weeks :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mostly agree with the advice by rabb only advice I’d alter is the blindside reverse… practice these wherever you can! I started with the easy ones and now can do any I attempt without to much fuss, I’m 1 year in to class one and more then happy with my driving… well done and good luck! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said always try and get practice on any reverse when you can. Eventually it will click and you’ll wonder what the worry was about. If unsure get out and look - the extra few seconds are worth it.

To clarify, my advice was merely not to do them if you can get away with it until you have the experience.

I’ve had a go blindsiding in the yard for practice which is the only place I’ll be practising them until I’m confident I’m not going to tear a Ford Fiesta a new arse or plough down a customer’s gatepost :slight_smile:

Well done on the pass!
Dulson are a good team, I trained with Brian. Proper good trainer.
8 months in to my first job and wish I’d done it years ago. Best job in the world.
Where are you based?

Wavestarved:
Well done on the pass!
Dulson are a good team, I trained with Brian. Proper good trainer.
8 months in to my first job and wish I’d done it years ago. Best job in the world.
Where are you based?

I live in Telford and drive for a Telford based haulier, how about you?