Class 2 training log - all passed

Quick log getting C licence with stockporthgv.co.uk/

Went to that school because it’s in recommended section in tips topic but also it’s very close to where I live.
First impression was great - medicals, documents, online learning materials, everything handled just fine.

Assessment driving 21/12 - the instructor was 30 mins late because of traffic, it was getting dark already (~3pm) instead of 2 hours we did little over 1h.
Hit the kerb 3 times, forgot mirrors, some approach speed might be better and I was super nervous - maybe because the tests next day or the fact I’m out of work for some time and in deep need of something going well at last.
That was my 1st time in a ‘car’ after 5 months though (last time I was driving motorcycle in August in a different country) so from a perspective it wasn’t that bad.

MOD 1 - passed
22.12 → MC - 98/100 (both mistakes in Accident Handling)
HP - 84/100 (double clip - 8points, 9 clips - 5p, 6 clips - 4p, 1clip - 3p and 2 clips - 2points)

MOD 2 - passed
27.12 → 50/50

for theory tests I used - drivingtheory4all.co.uk as a part of my initial package and can strongly recommend it

MOD 3 - 24h over 4 days 1 to 1 (same instructor, same car) [7:30->14:00] - in progress
5/1 →
First day went quite well, so not as expected :slight_smile:
Struggling a bit with mirrors/blind spot, speed on approach, some late signals, bit hesitant when it’s clear ahead and lane discipline might be better, especially on roundabouts - although instructor said 2nd half of the day was much much much better.
Reversing was good - 1st try I hit the pole in the bay, but that was because I was thinking too much of a body/box than of wheels route. After quick thinking whats going on, every one try after went nice and smoothly, so my note - watch where your back wheels are going (ofc not only that).
Last reversing - instructor asked me how many times did I check my left mirror when reversing. I said 3-4, didn’t count. He said nope, you did it very professionally and checked it 26 times - good thing at the end of a day!
6/1 →
2nd day - progressing fine according to instructor - I wasn’t so happy and sure today.
Got better in few areas - rushing bit less, still need to watch for left kerb, but didn’t hit anything, still missing some mirrors while driving, blindspot was WAY better. Still hesitant after making turns or after roundabouts, but better than yesterday.
Need to plan more and read the road ahead- I stopped near a bus stop and next time on a junction, even though I was thinking it’s not good idea.
Reversing again without any problems, even when I started almost in the middle and not close to the left cone.
Tomorrow is a rest day, some time to think of the errors and mistakes to polish on Monday.
8/1 →
Sunday rest was what I needed. Today only in the morning I cut a bit right corner forcing other car to stop and even reverse a bit, so that would be an instant fail on the test. I also made a mistake taking off roundabout and was badly positioned at a tight right turn, went over 30 5 times :frowning:.
Other than that it was nice, mirrors are quite good and planning ahead is working nicely, lane discipline is also good as I feel more and more comfortable in the lorry.
9/1 (test 12.30pm) →
Nice and smooth driving in the morning with few mistakes, but nothing major.
Went quite happy to the test centre, questions and reversing quick and easy, then took examiner for a ride. I thought it was nice and easy drive but unfortunately got 2 serious (along with 6 minors) while I was sure everything was ok.

17/1 (retest 10.30pm) →
I wanted same vehicle but it was leaking diesel so we had to take other but same model.
Was afraid what will my driving be after week rest but it was fine from the start.
This time less nerves, got 7 minors and passed.

MOD 4
30/1 → Around one hour of presentation at school yard then test with approved lady working with school - passed with 90%.

cool links:
mod 4 → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWh1tY-Pl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR-6MFYCQ0o

Guide to maintaining roadworthiness by DVSA https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/321988/guide-to-maintaining-roadworthiness.pdf - page 52 is nice image to print

big thanks @ROG for making tips topic LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK