Question about NVDIR

How does a school become registered with NVDIR? I’ve looked around and haven’t been able to find anything.

lgvregister.org.uk/registere … g-centres/

Any school wishing to join the NVDIR has to complete a simple form and have a thorough independent audit. The audit will include a check of all facilities (from reversing area to toilets), vehicles (and all documentation and maintenance records), trainer qualifications and cpd. Then all insurances are checked - motor, public liability, employer liability, business interruption.

Data protection is scrutinised as is health and safety and compliance with employment legislation.

Training records for all trainees are made available and are dip checked. This includes any identification of faults being repeated on any one particular instructor’s record. Our own internal staff training is also scrutinised (and is recognised as being the model).

All this is repeated annually.

There is more, but hopefully that’s enough to indicate that anyone who is on the register has jumped through numerous hoops to get there. It is a lot more than simply paying the fees.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Any school wishing to join the NVDIR has to complete a simple form and have a thorough independent audit. The audit will include a check of all facilities (from reversing area to toilets), vehicles (and all documentation and maintenance records), trainer qualifications and cpd. Then all insurances are checked - motor, public liability, employer liability, business interruption.

Data protection is scrutinised as is health and safety and compliance with employment legislation.

Training records for all trainees are made available and are dip checked. This includes any identification of faults being repeated on any one particular instructor’s record. Our own internal staff training is also scrutinised (and is recognised as being the model).

All this is repeated annually.

There is more, but hopefully that’s enough to indicate that anyone who is on the register has jumped through numerous hoops to get there. It is a lot more than simply paying the fees.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete. Can a school that just provides cat D1 training apply or does it have to offer a range of training services?

IronEddie:
Why do you give a [zb] Joe?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My uncle does D1 training and I thought it would be a good idea for him to apply for it?

I don’t see why not except for internal monitoring if he works on his own.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ItsJoe:

IronEddie:
Why do you give a [zb] Joe?

My uncle does D1 training and I thought it would be a good idea for him to apply for it?

It probably is.

Enjoy your new years.