Any Stobart (Sherburn) Drivers on here

I’m a newbie to truck driving and start on the 4th at the above depot (well I’m at Warrington on 4th and 5th)
I’ve driven buses for 12 years but was supposed to be a stop gap as wanted to go on wagons.

Lhstock84:
I’m a newbie to truck driving and start on the 4th at the above depot (well I’m at Warrington on 4th and 5th)
I’ve driven buses for 12 years but was supposed to be a stop gap as wanted to go on wagons.

I not work for Stobart now but what you want to know about Sherburn.All Stobart depo simeral and most planner seating not at depo but at Appleton or…

The induction to the Stobart group is held at Warrington, they’ll go through everything with you there plus you get paid for it as you might already know.

What do you want to know about the Sherburn depot in particular? You’ll be paired up with an experienced driver when you start at the depot. How long you want to be paired with someone is up to you. When you feel confident you can go out on your own.

Biggest bit of advice is to talk to fellow Stobart drivers in the uniform. They’ll tell you everything you need to know, what run is bad and what run is good. Don’t bother talking to agency drivers at the depot.

Thank you for your replies.
It’s more about the runs and what to expect to be honest as I’ve never been on wagons just buses so unsure what to expect also is it a good depot to be at. I know stobarts aren’t particularly liked in the industry but they’ll take on new drivers so it’s a starting point for experience.

Goodluck Lhstock84 you will be fine mate don’t worry too much.

I’m assuming your a tramper, and not on the Biomass. Your first and last loads will probably be out of Coca Cola in Wakefield. Between that you can literally go anywhere in the UK. It used to be quite common to see England, Wales and Scotland in a week. You’ll get a decent new Volvo, but on your days off it will definitely go out. Don’t leave any valuables in on your weekends. The kit is good, and the work is clean. They ask you to overnight in their depots, if possible. If not, secure parking only, and they’ll pay. They say there’s a “no-layby” policy, but that doesn’t stop anyone.

The planners might go easy on you for the first week or so, but then they’ll tighten up. The Appleton driver trainer himself said that it’s assumed trampers would rather be working and earning, than be parked-up. So the planners will lay it on you. They’ll probably use your three 15s and two 13s as a target, rather than a limit. Expect some hilarious schedules. For example, collect Bristol 06:00, tip Coventry 07:00, collect Wakefield 07:30, or something like that. Planners never grasp the concept of speed, distance, and time. They seem to type in whatever they feel like, and you’re done when you’re done.

sorry to jump on this thread,
Are Stobarts still timber hauling or is mainly biomass now
or are jenkys doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan243:
sorry to jump on this thread,
Are Stobarts still timber hauling or is mainly biomass now
or are jenkys doing it

Did some work (agency) for Stobart Energy (biomass) which is very different from the Stobart being discussed here. Company is run by the Stobart family who rent the brand name to the other bigger concern who use it. There is no love lost, they hate having the trucks at Sherburn where u cant use the wash or diesel.

Work is supposed to be biomass and woodchip, and they are working towards it putting in chipping plants to recycle wood waste. They are informally linked to Jenky’s and some trucks are run all week by the Jenkys planners. Reality is if you see a walking floor there is a greater than 50% chance it will have nothing in it that can be described as biomass. Lots of loads of waste - landfill, comingle and the dreaded bin waste. The master plan is to be big in biomass and wood recycling. Reality is its Stobart and they will run around like idiots trying to run at 1p profit to undercut everyone else.

Sorry
What I was meaning is are they still collecting round wood out of the woods ‘ log trailers’

Like tinklers boy on’t telly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk