First time on Fridge Trailer

Hi all

Doing a run to Aldi RDC Chelmsford New Years Day with a fridge trailer and was just wondering what goes on with fridges? Anything I need to check or just leave it alone?

Thanks

Split couple only and the rest is the same.

Make sure it’s got some cherry in the tank, check fridge is on at correct temp, if it’s a dual compartment make each one is set to what it should be, turn it off when you’re in the back offloading as it can be a bit noisy and if needed don’t forget to turn it back on, but in all honesty you won’t need to touch much.

Ask for help. If you don’t know don’t assume. You’ll be nobodies friend if you ruin a load.

Assuming you’ve not do a split couple before, make sure the trailer parking break is on. Back your unit under the trailer giving you enough room to connect air and electrics. Once you’ve done that you can connect up to the trailer.

Depending on the size and fridge you will most likely have a 3 compartment fridge if it’s a 13 meter. Check your paperwork for the temperatures of the load.

On the headboard of the trailer you’ll see a control panel that’s usually on the passenger side. The control panel will cycle through each csmpartment of the fridge, for example:

C1 +3 +2

What that’s telling you is csmpartment 1 of the fridge is set at 3 degrees and it’s current temperature is at 2 degrees.

Fridges are pretty simple and straightforward. Always make sure the temperatures are set at to what the paperwork says they should be at. If it’s not then get your back covered and call the office to tell them.

bald bloke:
Make sure it’s got some cherry in the tank, check fridge is on at correct temp, if it’s a dual compartment make each one is set to what it should be, turn it off when you’re in the back offloading as it can be a bit noisy and if needed don’t forget to turn it back on, but in all honesty you won’t need to touch much.

This ^^^

What is this split couple you talk off never had to do one & most of my work has been with fridges just couple up the normal way simple as that :smiley: : :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

bald bloke:

This ^^^

What is this split couple you talk off never had to do one & most of my work has been with fridges just couple up the normal way simple as that :smiley: : :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carrier fridges need a split couple otherwise you ain’t getting the red airline in, even on a sliding rack you’ll have trouble.

animal:

bald bloke:

This ^^^

What is this split couple you talk off never had to do one & most of my work has been with fridges just couple up the normal way simple as that :smiley: : [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

It gives you more room to attach the lines.
Make sure trailer brake is on
Reverse up to couple but stop short of engaging the pin giving room between fridge and back of cab.

Attach lines
Reverse to engaging pin
Tug n check
Safety clip then legs up n knock trailer brake off

Saves struggling if it’s close coupled

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

mat79:

animal:

bald bloke:

This ^^^

What is this split couple you talk off never had to do one & most of my work has been with fridges just couple up the normal way simple as that :smiley: : [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Reverse up to couple but stop short of engaging the pin giving room between fridge and back of cab.

Attach lines
Reverse to engaging pin
Tug n check

But when you are 147 cm & 104 lbs it don’t really matter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

mat79:

animal:

bald bloke:

This ^^^

Attach lines
Reverse to engaging pin
Tug n check

But when you are 147 cm & 104 lbs it don’t really matter [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Probably Not! [emoji23]

ItsJoe:
Depending on the size and fridge you will most likely have a 3 compartment fridge if it’s a 13 meter.

Really :open_mouth:
We have over 2000 fridge trailers and not one has multi compartments

nick2008:

ItsJoe:
Depending on the size and fridge you will most likely have a 3 compartment fridge if it’s a 13 meter.

Plenty of single and multi compartment fridge trailers and rigids. Allows frozen and chilled on one trailer.

simcor:

nick2008:

ItsJoe:

Plenty of single and multi compartment fridge trailers and rigids. Allows frozen and chilled on one trailer.

I know.
I’m not new to fridges by any means but to say it Will most likely have x y z if it’s a 13mt is incorrect also that a trl with a bulkhead partition don’t always mean 2 settings .

nick2008:

ItsJoe:

You should get some they come in handy .

nick2008:

simcor:

nick2008:

ItsJoe:

I know.
I’m not new to fridges by any means but to say it Will most likely have x y z if it’s a 13mt is incorrect also that a trl with a bulkhead partition don’t always mean 2 settings .

He’s delivering to an RDC, his fridge can likely be split depending on the load.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

ItsJoe:

You should get some they come in handy .

It’s a cold box bb that’s all we do cold stuff you know that

ItsJoe:
He’s delivering to an RDC, his fridge can likely be split depending on the load.

It’s more likely going to be split if he delivering FROM an RDC not to it

all will be revealed shortly .
if it is a splitter,then there will be a post coming along shortly asking how the door works. :slight_smile:

Another advice you will be the most hated person if you pull into a service station you will get all the precious boys crying because it’s switched on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

nick2008:

ItsJoe:

It’s more likely going to be split if he delivering FROM an RDC not to it

I do a variety of work to RDCs and it’s not uncommon to have a split fridge at all.