Which Training Company

Hi, I would like to get my HGV but I am unsure about training centers. The reviews about Sterling in Scotland would suggest that this would not be the place to go. Can anyone suggest a good training centre that may be within an hours drive from Sterling?

Cheers

Peter Smythe Of Mansfield and he does a residential course

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

Have a look at the top of the topic I’ve linked to.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

Ritchie’s in Glasgow. Done several courses with them forklift, both class 1 and 2 and a CPC day. Would recommend to anyone good experience every time I’ve been there.

Ritchies is the best in Scotland. There’s no point in travelling 100s if miles when they’re on your doorstep.

ItsJoe:
Ritchies is the best in Scotland. There’s no point in travelling 100s if miles when they’re on your doorstep.

There are plenty of reasons why I decided to go with PSTT rather than my local training providers. Apart from the reputation & great feedback, personal approach and caring, in my case it was also the fact that I can complete the training over the weekend and at no extra cost. Winning the Xmas prize is, obviously, a massive bonus but I did not expect it at all when I made up my mind :laughing:

Rav

Rav:

ItsJoe:

There are plenty of reasons why I decided to go with PSTT rather than my local training providers. Apart from the reputation & great feedback, personal approach and caring, in my case it was also the fact that I can complete the training over the weekend and at no extra cost. Winning the Xmas prize is, obviously, a massive bonus but I did not expect it at all when I made up my mind :laughing:

Rav

Ritchies reputation is second to none, like. They’re the biggest training school in Scotland and I haven’t spoken to a Scottish driver that didn’t pass their test with Ritchies.

I’ve decided to go to a good local training provider. PS gets great feedback and pass rates and was very very tempting, but I didn’t like the idea of not passing and having to go all the way back for a retest (more fuel costs), and the extra pressure that would put on me to pass first time. At least locally you can be more flexible with all aspects of training including CPC etc. Plus when I factored in fuel costs and other things like meals it works out better to go local. The price is more than competitive locally too.

Added to which I do like to support local businesses where possible. Plus they will likely have a bit of local HGV knowledge.

mark4:
I’ve decided to go to a good local training provider.

Which one :question:

ROG:

mark4:
I’ve decided to go to a good local training provider.

Which one :question:

One of the recommended ones in your LGV training tips thread. :wink: :laughing:

ItsJoe:

Just to clarify as I found this forum very informative when I stumbled across it via google search when I was deciding where to train amongst other things …

Ritchies quite possibly may be the best training school in Scotland but you didn’t train there, haven’t been there and therefore cannot say if its the best training school in Scotland.

Oh and the guy lives on the East coast, Ritchies are on the West, so I think he’d find half a dozen closer.

Jimmy McNulty:
Just to clarify as I found this forum very informative when I stumbled across it via google search when I was deciding where to train amongst other things …

Ritchies quite possibly may be the best training school in Scotland but you didn’t train there, haven’t been there and therefore cannot say if its the best training school in Scotland.

Oh and the guy lives on the East coast, Ritchies are on the West, so I think he’d find half a dozen closer.

He’s from Stirling. Which is slap bang in the middle. He could travel 30 miles to Perth or 25 to Glasgow. You think wrong.

harrawaffa:

Jimmy McNulty:

He’s from Stirling. Which is slap bang in the middle. He could travel 30 miles to Perth or 25 to Glasgow. You think wrong.

I was on about Rav mate looking back at the posts, not the original guy I may have quoted the wrong post

Jimmy McNulty:

ItsJoe:

No mate I haven’t trained there or have I ever even been to their facilities. As I said, I’ve spoken to actual people in real life who can’t speak highly enough of Ritchies and I’d take that over forum posts by anonymous users any day.

Jimmy McNulty:
I was on about Rav mate looking back at the posts, not the original guy I may have quoted the wrong post

Never said a word about Ritchies mate, bad or good :wink:

Rav

ItsJoe:

Jimmy McNulty:

ItsJoe:

No mate I haven’t trained there or have I ever even been to their facilities. As I said, I’ve spoken to actual people in real life who can’t speak highly enough of Ritchies and I’d take that over forum posts by anonymous users any day.

Actually, the advice I got in real life by real life people, would have seen me training at some schools that I would consider quite poor following my own research that involved amongst visiting schools, looking at websites … trucknet.

I want to recommend PSTT. I commuted daily to them from Brum for my class 2. And honestly they’re faultless. From the facilities to the trainers and the vehicles themselves it’s all top notch.

That said I’ve seen Ritchies mentioned a few times on here, always positively. I think they’re on the list of good training schools to. So whilst PSTT is fantastic it’s hard to suggest going there when you have a fantastic school closer by.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interesting that we have a steady flow of candidates from North of the border. Richies is, without doubt, a good set up. The ONLY thing I’ve heard from a couple of folks is that our customer service is perceived to be better. But I cant quantify that obviously.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I think I made the mistake of biting to the European Troll of the year :open_mouth: :laughing: