Northern Ireland companies for a new start?

Amcf85:
I am currently in the process of wanting to get into hgv driving.
I have done my medical and sent away for my provisional… and hope to get the c and c+e done ASAP.
Two problems.

1. No experience so fell might be hard to get into a decent company.
  2. Was caught for drink driving 4 years ago, (lost licence 9 months) have had it back as soon as could get it (car licence)
    I never had any points or anything on my License before or since it and was just a very unfortunate situation that I had a drive too soon after have been driving. I since drink very rarely have no interest in it.
    Lesson was most certainly learned and then some from the experience…
    I have been reading a lot of the forums on here and trying to collect as much information about the process, the life as a trucker and everything else as possible.

Any advice is very much appreciated or if anyone knows any companies around County Antrim in Northern Ireland that would be worth approaching would be great. Going to do training through Henderson’s but don’t think they would take me on after that.

. Good luck in your search . It is slightly ironic that someone such as yourself ( who has learnt a lesson the hard way ) is highly unlikely to risk drink driving ever again . ( you are probably one of the most low risk drivers there is if one was assessing the probability of committing this offence )

One should never give up in life . I would invest some time in writting a well written CV detailing what you have achieved in life to date and what you hope to achieve . It may even be worth while making the CV tailor made to specific companies . I would then drop the CV off in person at companies where I was interested in working . It may even be worth offering to worth free for a few weeks in order to allow a company to assess you .

Good luck in your search , we all make the occasional mistake in life