Class 1 agency work Teeside area anyone know?

Hello
I am have passed my class 2 recently and am thinking of getting a class1 licence.

Reasons for this Class 2 multidrop sounds a nightmare (its probably where I would have to start).

Another reason why I am thinking of class 1 straight away is around Teeside/north east area class 1 agency jobs are allways being advertised up here.
So I figure more chance of getting a job. Am I right ■■

Is this likely for a new pass to get class 1 agency work up here? Or do they always want experience?

Some people say it is easier to get c + e work with c hgv experience but even getting isn’t proving easy.

Is there a agency class1 shortage here for temp to perm jobs ?

Any help much appreciated. I would want to know there was job openings before investing in costly c+e training.

Hi mate,

When I first passed c + e I registered with driver hire for class 1 work but they only my offered me class 2 work as I had no experience. Luckily I got a class 1 job soon after so didnt bother with the agency. But if i was you I would do some class 2 work get some experience whilst doing your class1… a few months and you could have your class 1 plus class 2 experience so the agency will give you work. You will have a much better chance of class 1 work if your willing to tramp.

mikeycass87:
Hi mate,

When I first passed c + e I registered with driver hire for class 1 work but they only my offered me class 2 work as I had no experience. Luckily I got a class 1 job soon after so didnt bother with the agency. But if i was you I would do some class 2 work get some experience whilst doing your class1… a few months and you could have your class 1 plus class 2 experience so the agency will give you work. You will have a much better chance of class 1 work if your willing to tramp.

Thanks Mate
Driver hire are always advertising for class 1 drivers but I see they want ones with experience.
So I will just stick looking for class 2 work at the moment.
I wouldn’t mind having a go at at tramping but am a little worried about truck hi jacking (but that probably hardly ever happens I bet ) so I would give it a go.

I am just up the road for from you so don’t worry I have been doing class 1 for a while now mainly tramping ( yep I am female btw ) most of the time they are after the load not you I have only had my curtains slashed once in 20 years never had any problems there but I am careful where I park

There are some companies in your area that will take new drivers on both class 2 & 1 so could look there instead of agency sorry don’t know many down there

There is no driver shortage not been for years if there was the pay would be much better than it is up here don’t forget that agency will be quiet in the new year for a couple months so maybe think of doing class 1 then register with some agency also go visit the companies around your area it may not happen at 1st but keep going

Also consider your ADR in the Teeside area maybe of some help

animal:
I am just up the road for from you so don’t worry I have been doing class 1 for a while now mainly tramping ( yep I am female btw ) most of the time they are after the load not you I have only had my curtains slashed once in 20 years never had any problems there but I am careful where I park

There are some companies in your area that will take new drivers on both class 2 & 1 so could look there instead of agency sorry don’t know many down there

There is no driver shortage not been for years if there was the pay would be much better than it is up here don’t forget that agency will be quiet in the new year for a couple months so maybe think of doing class 1 then register with some agency also go visit the companies around your area it may not happen at 1st but keep going

Also consider your ADR in the Teeside area maybe of some help

Thanks
for the advice, I will probably stick with looking for a class 2 job.
Pity there is no driver shortage.