Which Training Company

Hi everybody, my first post on this site and sorry if this has been mentioned many times before. I have passed my theory and hazard perception tests and am now looking at which training company to spend my money on to gain my cat C licence. Nearly every company in my area I contact all say they have a wonderful pass record…but I would like to know if there is any records you can check to see how accurate these companies claims are. I just want to be able to tell a good training company from a not so good company before I spend my hard earned money…any advice from you guys would be very much appreciated…thank you.

I’m also looking for a decent training company like yourself. I found this: gov.uk/government/statistic … est-centre

It doesn’t give all training providers but there are a good few on there and gives an indication of the national average pass rate. I have a training provider near me that says 93% pass rate. I find that hard to believe, but it could be true. :confused:

I’m also checking Facebook reviews and reviews on this forum. Failing that Peter Smythe has a high pass rate so is a good option if you really can’t decide locally, as I can’t…!! :smiley:

Simple answer in my opinion is PSTT, top quality training and facilities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Both of you (headmasters voice :wink: :laughing: ) - check out the link in my signature below - it contains virtually all you need to know :bulb:

PASS RATES = First time pass rates :question: or overall pass rates :question:

If 100 trainees pass first time then that is 50% first time pass rate and if all pass eventually then that is a 100% pass rate

You can’t go wrong with the forum sponsor PSTT - Clean modern facilities, new trucks, friendly staff and well trained and registered instructors. Reversing area on site and that area which you practice on you also get tested on so it’s familiar come test day. Free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles away.

There are other good trainers obviously and you should deffinately read all of ROG links. Pass rates don’t tell the whole story although i think it’s a good yard stick and helps the overall picture. It’s good advice to go visit trainers and see for yourself. You’ll get a feeling for good or bad. Avoid brokers at all costs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
You can’t go wrong with the forum sponsor PSTT - Clean modern facilities, new trucks, friendly staff and well trained and registered instructors. Reversing area on site and that area which you practice on you also get tested on so it’s familiar come test day. Free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles away.

There are other good trainers obviously and you should deffinately read all of ROG links. Pass rates don’t tell the whole story although i think it’s a good yard stick and helps the overall picture. It’s good advice to go visit trainers and see for yourself. You’ll get a feeling for good or bad. Avoid brokers at all costs.

Agree with everything you say. Apart from one thing. Why do pass statistics not show the whole story? Unless it’s at a place which holds so few tests that it’s statistically insignificant?

Check out our Christmas Offer at the top of the threads. You’re still in time.

But if you are looking round, only book once you’ve visited and satisfied yourself that you’re happy with the state of the vehicles and the availability of facilities such as a properly marked reversing area. Most “instructors” are untrained and equally unqualified as it is not a legal requirement. Odd, but true.

The only exception is booking on rock solid recommendation. We have plenty of recommendation on this forum. And, as sponsor, we simply cant afford to get it wrong. You wont find any negative feedback about us on the forum.

And remember that Trucknet users get 10% discount from our normal rates.

Happy to answer any questions, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

sammym:

IronEddie:

Agree with everything you say. Apart from one thing. Why do pass statistics not show the whole story? Unless it’s at a place which holds so few tests that it’s statistically insignificant?

Well ROG alludes to the fact the statistic might read better than it actually is.

I also think it’s possible a training firm might have an ok pass rate but still not be a good fit for a student. Maybe poor facilities, old tired trucks or instructors that the student doesn’t gell with. Things you wouldn’t discover without visiting.

mark4:
I’m also looking for a decent training company like yourself. I found this: gov.uk/government/statistic … est-centre

It doesn’t give all training providers but there are a good few on there and gives an indication of the national average pass rate. I have a training provider near me that says 93% pass rate. I find that hard to believe, but it could be true. :confused:

I’m also checking Facebook reviews and reviews on this forum. Failing that Peter Smythe has a high pass rate so is a good option if you really can’t decide locally, as I can’t…!! :smiley:

I know from your other post that you passed car test before 1997 so my suggestion would be to use a trainer that has their LGV C practical training approved for dcpc hours so you can get some of the 35 hours under your belt
If you choose such a trainer and they offer 2 to 1 training then you can get 28 of the 35 needed over an all day course over 5 days for just a little extra money on top of the course price leaving you to perhaps opt for a 7 hour course on the driver regs to complete the 35 :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

ROG:

mark4:

I know from your other post that you passed car test before 1997 so my suggestion would be to use a trainer that has their LGV C practical training approved for dcpc hours so you can get some of the 35 hours under your belt
If you choose such a trainer and they offer 2 to 1 training then you can get 28 of the 35 needed over an all day course over 5 days for just a little extra money on top of the course price leaving you to perhaps opt for a 7 hour course on the driver regs to complete the 35 :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Thanks for that. I think the 35 hrs is better and driver regs definitely good to do. :smiley:

Having done the same as you and looked around, I went for the 120+ mile commute to PSTT, cannot recommend them highly enough.
They will give you everything you need to pass, the rest is up to you. Facilities are great, staff are fantastic, Instructors are amazing and if you get to meet Peter, He is a real gent.
If your going to spend the money, give yourself the best chance. PSTT
I did and passed, with 1 minor and that was on a test where we were hit by a bus passing us in traffic.

Speedy