New Class 1 driver , Glasgow area

Rigger79:

toby1234abc:
Ideally a tramping job would be better, sleep all week in the cab from Monday to Friday or run in Saturday.
A lot of trampers live an hour or more from the yard .
If its a very early start Monday morning , some drive their car to the yard on Sunday and sleep in the cab .

If on day runs, the majority of class one work is Euro central area, unless you move closer to the Glasgow area.

The problem with daily commuting is it eats in to the 9 or 11 off , for example ;
You book off at 18.00.
Home at 19.00, eat , shower, bath, bed at 21.00.
Up at 01.30 breakfast, leave home 02.00 am to start work 03.00.
You can legally drive now for 10 hours and work 15 hours.
With 4 hours sleep, and they wonder why there are so many accidents .

Couldn’t do tramping as I have 2 young kids. I don’t mind long hours as long as I’ll be home to see them.

s3amu5:
There is also Gordon Leslie, Mundell, Burns Express and Circle Express in Hillington. You could also try around the Glasgow Airport industrial estate, Fed ex and K and N, not sure if they run artics out of there, also Saints transport have a depot there. I think Southbar transport run out of Inchinnan as well but not 100% on that one.

Colin_scottish:
Malcolms will be slow in getting back to you this time of year there work dies in january till end of feb.Could try southbar in inchinnin last i heard he was pay £110 a shift mon-fri but some days are long others a short.Also your best bet might be A+D logistics for the experience and there just off the A737 behind the premier inn they have a brand new yard there now.

What about MP Burke in paisley spoke to some of his drivers they seem happy but also ways in a hurry dont know about wages.There is also Currie european but the wages are poor and they have trucks based in Renfrew beside the truckpark in westway.If you have ADR could try B Mudell in hillington aswell they run up to the highlands and islands.

Yeah I know of A&D Logistics I might give them a try, knew about MP Burke as well through Google. Didn’t know about Southbar in Inchinnan and had heard of Saints through a guy I worked with in Agency but didn’t know about the rest.

Looks like I’m not short of options anyway :slight_smile:

Only if your weans keep lorry drivers hours too!