Struggling

Hi
I’ve recently passed my Cat 2 and I’m looking for a full time/permanent position in Merseyside/Lancashire, but it seems that most employers are asking for experience or are agencies offering HGV /LGV training with potential employment. Does anyone have any advice at all please?
Thanks in advance

Where do you live?

ItsJoe:
Where do you live?

He said merseyside/lancashire area.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

ItsJoe:
Where do you live?

Yeah, that’s a big area.

Unfortunately for you with p&H closing there is a mass of class 2 drivers all of a sudden unemployed in that area…good luck with the search.

ItsJoe:

daftvader:

ItsJoe:
Where do you live?

Yeah, that’s a big area.

Then he has alot of choice

Pm me mate it wont let me pm you.

xichrisxi:
Unfortunately for you with p&H closing there is a mass of class 2 drivers all of a sudden unemployed in that area…good luck with the search.

Yeah I know my lot are snapping up ex p&h drivers bet everyone is.

I’d still suggest op tries the other outfits that are known to take new passes if he hasn’t already.

Keep plugging away on agency jobs and gain some experience on variety of jobs. As a new pass in May last year with little driving experience at other jobs it took me a couple of months to even get ANY regular class 2 work. Some jobs I hated and some I loved but it was all experience.
Just finished my 11th week of a temp to perm with a part of a big national company who are really cool to work for and do things properly. Had a couple of other temp to perm offers but either didn’t like the way they worked, the work they had, or didn’t like the people. At least I had the option of telling the agency just to put me on something else rather than tell the company I didn’t like them.
Don’t just jump at the first permanent job unless you are prepared to either put up with them (if you don’t like it) or walk away and be seen to be an unreliable long term prospect.

Cheers everyone for your advice, it’s nice to have a helpful online community. I live in Liverpool, but I’m willing to travel, Warrington, Ormskirk etc. That’s a really good point re agencies, I hadn’t thought about the fact that you can change jobs if you’re unhappy with your current employer. I’ll keep on looking.

If you don’t have any class 2 experience you’ll just be told by agencies you must do van work for experience so don’t go down the agency route just yet.

Thanks Joe

I started my class 2 careers at hermes depot at burtonwood on nights. have a llok on indeed they where advertising for drivers. I went through an agency called kpi recruitment but the pay was crap but got the experience I needed to move on. Stobarts where looking for class 2 drivers out of Appleton a week or so back. Bishopgate logistics. Brakes at burtonwood asweel.

Thanks allie

sbell:
Cheers everyone for your advice, it’s nice to have a helpful online community. I live in Liverpool, but I’m willing to travel, Warrington, Ormskirk etc. That’s a really good point re agencies, I hadn’t thought about the fact that you can change jobs if you’re unhappy with your current employer. I’ll keep on looking.

It’s a bit crap, but John K Phillips are not too far from you and there is a good chance that there may be a job going.

Thanks eager beaver, I’ll get my cv sent off

Mate get on to extra drivers they are crying out for drivers in hermes its easy work. Its also 12.42ph so decent wage for class 2.

Thanks will keep checking it out

Hi Sbell,

I was with Driver Hire in Warrington and i know they are screaming out for drivers at the moment.
Good team there and very helpful.
I only left as I got a job based 1.5 miles from where i live rather than doing 45 miles each way.
Big DHL place at preston brook has Dixons Carphone, B&Q, Boots, Next and Carlsberg running from there at the moment, place is full of wagons. Hope that helps

Just do what Joe says he is a multi award winning driver. :sunglasses: