Employment without CPC Card

Hi,

Can you start employment with a company even though you haven’t received your CPC card? Couldn’t the company just do a DVLA or DVSA check by phone or online?

Thanks.

No if asked to show at the roadside and you dont have it just say thanks for the fine they may give you.
Edit
Forgot to add they can employ as a shunter but to drive on the road you will need your cpc card.

Are you just waiting for it to arrive ?

If yes then you should have the mod 4 pass certificate or certificates of the 35 hours which is allowed to be used as proof

So, you show vosa or police the pass cert?

Braveheart2009:
So, you show vosa or police the pass cert?

yes

I’ve just been informed by the DVSA that if the computer doesn’t show your CPC as triggered on their systems your pass certificate will show as void on police computer landing you in deep [zb].

You can drive a car on pass certificate even though it’s not on the system yet.
It’s a legal requirement for you to hold a cpc card / licence it’s not a legal requirement to wait until it’s on the police dlva system. :laughing:
The entire point of the certificate imo is to bridge the gap until you get your card.

Braveheart2009:
I’ve just been informed by the DVSA that if the computer doesn’t show your CPC as triggered on their systems your pass certificate will show as void on police computer landing you in deep [zb].

He was talking rubbish then, the regulations clearly state that an offence is not being committed if the driver has passed the necessary tests and applied for a DQC but not yet received it.

Rog is correct. You can driver for up to 10 days after completion of your DCPC without your card. It may not stop you getting a fine but you can appeal against it. Once passed the 10 day period you will be fined and no reprieve.

Road2ruin:
You can driver for up to 10 days after completion of your DCPC without your card. It may not stop you getting a fine but you can appeal against it. Once passed the 10 day period you will be fined and no reprieve.

Can you post a link to this information about the 10 day limit ?

tachograph:

Road2ruin:
You can driver for up to 10 days after completion of your DCPC without your card. It may not stop you getting a fine but you can appeal against it. Once passed the 10 day period you will be fined and no reprieve.

Can you post a link to this information about the 10 day limit ?

I found an initial 20 day limit after completing mod 4
gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-dri … -qualified

Waiting for your card
You can drive professionally if you’ve passed all the tests and you’re waiting for your Driver CPC card to arrive.

If your card doesn’t arrive
You should get your Driver CPC card within 20 days of passing the final test. Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) if you don’t receive it.

ROG:
I found an initial 20 day limit after completing mod 4
gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-dri … -qualified

Waiting for your card
You can drive professionally if you’ve passed all the tests and you’re waiting for your Driver CPC card to arrive.

If your card doesn’t arrive
You should get your Driver CPC card within 20 days of passing the final test. Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) if you don’t receive it.

That makes sense, though even then I doubt you’d be limited to 20 days driving if you phone the DVSA and tell them it hasn’t been delivered.