Waiting....

Bored…

Gets to a timed 8am delivery on my paperwork at 07.45. They say I’m booked in at 11 and to not bother until then. Phones my office to tell them and they say leave it with them. Ten minutes later they call back, say they’ve spoken to customer who has spoken to the site and to go ahead back to gatehouse and they’ll let me in to tip me.

Go to gatehouse to be told 11am and nobody has told them any different… :unamused:

Sat here two hours now feeling like a tennis ball getting batted back and forth. Still paid by the minute and that I suppose. Just a heads up for any aspiring drivers that this happens more than you’d like to think. No wonder the country is lacking in productivity :laughing:

Find something constructive to do and the time flies.

3 hours rest in one go ? = if yes then can be used as split daily rest = regular daily rest

We have to be at Immingham Docks 6 hours before the ship sails, both vans and trucks. At least in a truck you can get your head down - van, nightmare.

ROG:
3 hours rest in one go ? = if yes then can be used as split daily rest = regular daily rest

Unfortunately not. Could’ve been but had to move halfway through

Toonsy, you want a waiting story… See above, get into Immingham at 19.00 for a sailing at 01.00. Well we kept our end of the bargain, there for 19.00 last night, just got on the boat at 09.30, obviously DFDS couldn’t tell us the boat was running late last night. So that’s four men in two vans stuck waiting for 14.5 hours overnight :open_mouth: . It’s a miracle I keep staff, it really is :neutral_face:

I have my kindle reader for times just like that.