Advice Please

Hi, my friend has a C1 on grandfather rights, does he need to do a medical, becuase he has drivers card, license and tacho but applied for a medical through trainer but does not go ahead with class C?

kaode:
Hi, my friend has a C1 on grandfather rights, does he need to do a medical, becuase he has drivers card, license and tacho but applied for a medical through trainer but does not go ahead with class C?

To get LGV C
D4 medical
LGV theory mods 1a+1b
Practical on road/reverse test

Hi Rog, he does not want C just now he is just going to try C1 see if he likes it, so no medical required.

I think he has been misadvised as he has already got one and sending it away this will give Class C provisional then?

From what you say, all he needs is driver cpc. He can do the initial (Mods 2 and 4) or 35 hours of periodic training. Either way, same outcome.

In defence of whichever trainer apparently gave the wrong advice, folks often confuse themselves with licence categories and the advice could have been the result of this. You will see on the forum cases where the person has passed C and now wants to move on to C1. They mean CE but this can cause problems.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete, he has is driver qualification card by doing his modules and his tacho I think maybe the trainer maybe thought he wants to go to Class C and advised him to do medical, anyway he has done it so this will just get him his provisional for class C I told him tick class D as it is free

PS he is coming up for 45 so maybe that has something to do with it, thanks for the replys

OK. So it’s all done and he’ll come out of it ready to roll and able to take up C (or D) training whenever he wishes.

Having reread the OP I could have worked out he’d got driver cpc, but nothing lost!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

He now has a valid 5 year D4 medical and if he sent form D2 with C and D ticked he is ready to start C or D theory if he wants to

Thank’s Rog & Pete :slight_smile: