Newly qualified c+e

What a vicious circle it is as a new driver everyone wants experience which you can’t get as no one want inexperienced drivers without going through agencies I’d like a permanent job really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say where you are area wise some people may know of places around you that take on…

Sorry reading Berkshire and not afraid of travelling

Dazeruk:
Sorry reading Berkshire and not afraid of travelling

What type of work you looking for?.Days,nights,Tramping?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would consider anything not to worrying about nights out though would prefer to avoid London lol

Dazeruk:
I would consider anything not to worrying about nights out though would prefer to avoid London lol

We’d all like to avoid London.If we could.Lol.Downton have a job going on days in Thatcham.Day work.Its delivering packaging.2/3 drops a day.Not everyones choice of firm to work for.But definately not the worst.Take on new passes too.Look on there website for more details if your interested.

daftvader:

Dazeruk:

We’d all like to avoid London.If we could.Lol.Downton have a job going on days in Thatcham.Day work.Its delivering packaging.2/3 drops a day.Not everyones choice of firm to work for.But definately not the worst.Take on new passes too.Look on there website for more details if your interested.

Wow thank you certainly will have a look

Dazeruk:

daftvader:

Dazeruk:

Wow thank you certainly will have a look

No probs.It’ll at least give you some experience so you can move on if you dont like it.

Dazeruk:
would prefer to avoid London lol

is it because of the traffic or is there something else in London I’m not yet aware of? Genuine question from a wannabe driver.

TatteredPrince:

Dazeruk:

is it because of the traffic or is there something else in London I’m not yet aware of? Genuine question from a wannabe driver.

Traffic, weight restrictions all over the place, low bridges and roads so crowded with parked cars you have trouble getting down most of them. Oh not forgetting suicidal cyclists.

Dazeruk:
What a vicious circle it is as a new driver everyone wants experience which you can’t get as no one want inexperienced drivers without going through agencies I’d like a permanent job really

Yes it is and has been a problem forever, try being a new driver in the middle of a recession :confused: but it worked out in the end. :smiley:
You need to get out there and knock on doors and then go and do it again.

Aurri:

TatteredPrince:

Dazeruk:

Traffic, weight restrictions all over the place, low bridges and roads so crowded with parked cars you have trouble getting down most of them. Oh not forgetting suicidal cyclists.

Top class totty taking your eye off the road…it’s terrible!

TiredAndEmotional:

Aurri:

TatteredPrince:

Dazeruk:

Top class totty taking your eye off the road…it’s terrible!

How far are we going back in time here :open_mouth: all gone now.

We’ll how times change I’ve now accepted a job a local company who I’m grateful to in taking a chance in me with there stunning trucks

Dazeruk:
We’ll how times change I’ve now accepted a job a local company who I’m grateful to in taking a chance in me with there stunning trucks

Well done, :smiley: to everybody else, it is possible to get a job, you just have to keep plugging away and pick yourself up after each knock back.

When I started driving trucks, back in the 90s, I came up against the same experience block. A couple of places I had worked at as a forklift driver had gone bankrupt, so I just changed my job title to lorry driver and said I had drove a 7.5 for them. As soon as I did that, I got the next job I applied for.

Unethical I know, but there’s nothing to stop you finding a couple of local companies to yourself and rewriting your cv. Whatever you decide, act quick. The work has dropped off already and will be dry for the next few months.