FFS, At a loss AGAIN :(

Having been told that I can start this local job after x mas (I believe the TM because I over heard him chatting with a coordinator about it today) I have been asked to do an assessment for a firm near Luton, I can stay at my inlaws who live there, £17ph guaranteed 50 hrs a week. Now, I could really use this money at this time of year, BUT I detest Luton, I mean I HATE the [zb] hole. BUT the money is very good for a new qualified class 2 driver.
Work never used to be so ■■■■■ complicated.
Tommy.

It’s just roads…in a town/city,get on with it and stop moaning :smiley:

xichrisxi:
It’s just roads…in a town/city,get on with it and stop moaning :smiley:

I know, all I wanna do is drive lol, not a lot in luton though! but the money…

Get your pockets lined!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Look at it this way,if your based in Luton you won’t be doing much driving in and around it only when departing and returning to base :smiley:
I can think of 850 (17 x 50) reasons a week why you should do it :wink:

TommyTanker:
(…)£17ph guaranteed 50 hrs a week(…) BUT the money is very good for a new qualified class 2 driver. (…)

I believe it’s a no-brainer? Unless it’s not Luton but the in-laws then… fair do’s :smiley:

Rav

What’s so bad about luton that this is even a consideration?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Money is good no doubt. But you say you have guaranteed work til Xmas and a possible full time job after it where you are.

I assume this other job is agency and at that rate likely only temporary agency work.

So are you willing to pass up the current work you have and a job offer for some quick cash?

The choice is yours, but with agency remember jobs often dry up in January and you could find yourself with no work and no job offer from your current place.

What is so bad about Luton that it stands so far above all the other crappy towns and cities? Let’s face it, the whole of the southern part of the country is so congested that driving is a frustration, don’t single Luton out for special criticism.

And as has been pointed out already, if you’re driving out of Luton, then that’s surely exactly the way you want it?

Money is money, and crappy work is sometimes necessary. Once you’re in a position to pick and choose then great, but as a newbie you just need to knuckle down and take what’s coming. The experience counts more than anything else, for better or for worse.

I’d rather drive in Luton then East London/Central London.
I spent like 1 hour trying to get out of river road barking the other day. :sunglasses:

xichrisxi:
I can think of 850 (17 x 50) reasons a week why you should do it :wink:

Good Lord :smiley: what an opportunity

Have assessment next week, other than the fact that luton is a ■■■■ hole, I have personal reasons to hate the place. But the job is 45 mins away so may well be ok, only be sleeping and working any way.

I smell agency bull…