DHL tradeteam salfords

Hi guys, mate of mine has an interview next week for here, I’ve read some previous replies which generally say it’s not a bad job overall, hard graft naturally but from what they’ve told him on the phone it sounds very attractive.
Anyone got first hand experience of working here, the hours generally worked and the environment overall?

Cheers

It’s not like the olden days where you used to have a half in every establishment lol

Good Luck to him - They’ve been trying to find drivers since August, if not before. It’s very physical work.
It’s drinks deliveries to pubs and nightclubs - Including taking the drinks down to the cellars etc.

Because they had a lack of staff, the schedules are nigh on impossible. The contract might say 48 hours but in reality it might be more like 55 hours.
Some drivers load their own trucks in the morning due to the lack of staff.

A colleague from a previous job did a day there - he only did the 1 day and this was back in August - Maybe things have improved since then. :question:

Short of being found guilty of murdering someone - They will almost certainly offer him the job.
If your mate enjoys charades, he’ll get on with the driver’s mates great :laughing:

I believe that DHL site take on new passes for Class 1 and 2

I’ve not worked at that DHL site but I have at others. I would recommend keeping a diary or something of the hours worked to make sure the pay slip is correct.
If he might be interested in overtime (If that site does that) Find out the terms of pay. One DHL site I know pays overtime quarterly :exclamation:

Thanks for the replies, he’s on the buses at the moment so anythings better lol.

Class2ldn:
Hi guys, mate of mine has an interview next week for here, I’ve read some previous replies which generally say it’s not a bad job overall, hard graft naturally but from what they’ve told him on the phone it sounds very attractive.
Anyone got first hand experience of working here, the hours generally worked and the environment overall?

Cheers

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Did he expect them to say it’s a ■■■■ job and we can’t keep staff? Used to be a great number on the dray, not any more!

Lol no but he’s on buses at the moment. He was told they only have to work 4 Saturdays a year, any after that is time and a half, is that right?
Obviously he’ll find out all the usual stuff at interview but said 32k basic and then after 6 months goes upto 38k?
He only passed last month so he’s grateful for the opportunity anyway.

Where abouts is he location wise?

There’s always this at Gatwick Airport - DHL Supply Chain
thebestconnection.co.uk/vacanci … CWELXX9499

The money isn’t anywhere near as much but they’ll take on new drivers and the work around this time of year isn’t too labour intensive. You don’t do a whole lot of driving though since it’s just on the airport.
Standard rate was £11.50 and Overtime (picking up an extra shift) is Time and a Half on nights (£17.25) and Time and a Third on days (£15.33) when I was there.
It’s a rolling 4 on 4 off which means you end up working bank holidays etc at the normal rate if your shift falls on that. :exclamation:
It does mean you’re able to pick up shifts at another place since it’s only ever 4 days per week unless you’re taking up overtime.

Oh and that is PAYE

It isn’t for everyone but gives another option for a new pass.

He’s in Crawley so il pass it on, cheers

So how did he get on at DHL Salfords?

Still waiting for an interview, he’s been chasing it up but it’s just waiting around at the moment.
Probably hold him off until after xmas