First bad shift I really didn't enjoy!

Juddian:
You’ve been doing repetitive work, which by its very nature you get into a routine and stop thinking, easy done.

As for the roof scrape, was the trailer marked up and the door marked up?, if either one wasn’t then you have a valid excuse, though it could have been an awful lot worse and you’ll be wary of heights again.

In your favour, you’re feeling bad about it and took responsibility for sorting the damage out as best you could, you are already ahead of half the long termers i’ve worked with by that action alone, so many just sod off home leaving the regular driver to sort the damage out :imp:

Stop the robotics, start thinking about everything again, in some ways the job has been too easy because it’s been repetitive, you haven’t had to think, so give yourself a mental kick up the arse and start checking stuff again.
Same thing happens to me, i have my regular tractor and tanker trailer, i can set up and start blowing in about 3 minutes with me eyes wide shut, but every now and again i have to use another tractor or tanker, takes me ages cos of all the thinking to do.

When you go for the new job keep an open mind, the place you are currently at have been decent with you and not gone off on one about the skirmishes, so be absolutely sure the new job is what you want and the local bloke isn’t getting himself a handy body for the Christmas rush :bulb:

Think you hit the nail right on the head there mate,it has been very robotic lately aside from the reversing which I still have to think about but it’s no excuse for stupidity. Was still 100% my responsibility and I’m yet to see what happens on Monday when the company send the paperwork of the damage to my boss. The firm I’m with have been really good to me fair play,the hourly rate isn’t fantastic but I’d be happy to do the odd shift for them in the future if I had any free time.

Have you got any advice about tankers? I’m wondering how they’re different to curtain siders? I’m assuming they’re not as high and in most cases not as long but If you get chance to read my reponse post I’d really appreciate some input :smiley: