Welcome!

TommyTanker:
I contacted my training company to see if they did Tacho training, they advised me to do it as a CPC module because it was half the price that they would charge me! The trucks I am in now are this years trucks, and have all the handbooks in them! I shall have to borrow one.
ATB,
Tommy.

IronEddie:
That’s a good way of doing it if you can. I dunno why it can’t be a part of practical training. Since you can have your digi card any time they could maybe allow it’s use during practical training. That way your instructor could teach it and you’d get actuall experience using it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TommyTanker:
I have learned from the fellas who I work with, I just stick it in, keep to my hours and take it out again, take a print out if I suspect an issue, like when I left my card in overnight or the tacho head read driving without card all bloody shift!
Tommy.

toonsy:
Normally (assuming your card was in) the 'driving without card warning will be because the truck was moved overnight, say for it to be loaded or something. This warning won’t dissappear until you acknowledge it by pressing ok when the display is showing the warning so even though your card is in it will still show the warning until it is cancelled.

For the OP learning tacho rules to a basic level is easy and the more you deal with them the more you get to understand them but the bigger learning curve is taking these textbook rules and applying them into real life work scenarios.

My advice is always keep a written log of your hours. I buy a diary with a page a day. On each day I write down start/finish times, breaks, vehicles driven and anything else that I may feel relevant such as where I’ve been etc

Every day is a school day, yes it was moved during the night for loading! I will bear that in mind, cheers mate. I also have a diary (more to keep my eye on money than anything) but I record the info there, my drop list for the day also requests the start times, breaks etc.
Tommy.