Class 2 pass!

Passed my class 2 today thanks to Ali at Angus Hgv training. Was apprehensive training in a 4 over 4 but I got there. Struggled all week with slowing down enough at roundabouts and junctions (multidrop syndrome) but it all clicked today, slow and steady. 2 school boy minors but I’m happy with the outcome. A week to prepare for the mod 4 now.

Congratulations,

Great to hear, I have mine on Wednesday 22nd and have similar issues.

Good luck with getting a drive

:smiley: :smiley:

Well done :slight_smile:

Craig14:
Passed my class 2 today thanks to Ali at Angus Hgv training. Was apprehensive training in a 4 over 4 but I got there. Struggled all week with slowing down enough at roundabouts and junctions (multidrop syndrome) but it all clicked today, slow and steady. 2 school boy minors but I’m happy with the outcome. A week to prepare for the mod 4 now.

Well done passing your test mate! I was bad at slowing down too! I either didn’t slow down enough or was to sharp on the brakes! The truck I am in now auto puts the exhaust retarder on with the brakes, it is a lot easier.
Tommy.

Craig14:

I passed my Class 2 yesterday (with five minors) at the Thurrock test centre, having trained with Robinsons of Purfleet. I know exactly what you mean about being apprehensive; I was most worried about the reversing exercise, but somehow I managed to muddle my way through it using the gift of The Shunt. Once that was out of the way, it was plain sailing, as my test route comprised of roads that I’d been driving in a car virtually every day for the past 17 years :slight_smile:

• James aka Doggage: long-time lurker, but soon to be full-time poster ^^

Doggage:
I passed my Class 2 yesterday

I passed my Class 2 yesterday (with five minors) at the Thurrock test centre, having trained with Robinsons of Purfleet. I know exactly what you mean about being apprehensive; I was most worried about the reversing exercise, but somehow I managed to muddle my way through it using the gift of The Shunt. Once that was out of the way, it was plain sailing, as my test route comprised of roads that I’d been driving in a car virtually every day for the past 17 years :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the pass :grimacing:

Craig14:

Well done James, took my test at Thurrock on a Friday morning at 8:30am :open_mouth: , brings back memories. :grimacing:

Cheers, guys! :smiley:

My test was at 0945, so the traffic in West Thurrock, Grays, etc. had diminished somewhat, which was a big help. It also helped that my examiner chose a test route which didn’t require me to drive around Grays town centre or down Bramble Lane in South Ockendon/Aveley, which are no fun at all in a car, let alone in a truck.

• James aka Doggage ^^

speedy9764:
Congratulations,

Great to hear, I have mine on Wednesday 22nd and have similar issues.

Good luck with getting a drive

Gd luck with your test on Wednesday. Did my mod 4 training today. Got a funny feeling I’m going to forget some answers come test day. I’m lucky in the fact that my work put me through my training so I have a job already. All the best.

ROG:

Thanks ROG. Just the dreaded mod 4 to go now!

Markyboy1008:

Congratulations on the pass :grimacing:

Craig14:

Well done James, took my test at Thurrock on a Friday morning at 8:30am :open_mouth: , brings back memories. :grimacing:

Cheers Mark

TommyTanker:

Craig14:

Well done passing your test mate! I was bad at slowing down too! I either didn’t slow down enough or was to sharp on the brakes! The truck I am in now auto puts the exhaust retarder on with the brakes, it is a lot easier.
Tommy.

Cheers Tommy. I thought I was going slow enough but for the whole week I kept getting told slow down! Lucky for me the trucks at my work are all auto’s so I won’t need to fight with the gears aswell. Mod 4 to go!

Craig 14,

Went out on test today and got hit by a bus ! not my fault, carried on and passed with 1 minor, for not making progress, think i was a little shell shocked after being hit and was going extra careful.

Look out world !

speedy9764:
Went out on test today and got hit by a bus ! not my fault, carried on and passed with 1 minor, for not making progress, think i was a little shell shocked after being hit and was going extra careful.

Look out world !

Top man! Well done. :sunglasses:

speedy9764:
Craig 14,

Look out world !

You need to expand on that one! What happened with the bus?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

…and was it a PSTT bus?

IronEddie:

speedy9764:
Craig 14,

Look out world !

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=151246&p=2402732#p2402732

ROG:

IronEddie:

speedy9764:
Craig 14,

Look out world !

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=151246&p=2402732#p2402732

Thanks ROG.

speedy9764:
Craig 14,

Look out world !

Well done with your pass! What happened with the bus? I passed my mod 4 yesterday with 100%, now just have to bide my time until the boss lets me out in a 7.5 or 18t.