Driving for Aldi / Lidl in the South-East

Hello everyone.

Looking for advice here.

Currently I work on supermarket deliveries from RDC to stores. This is what I wanted and it’s not too bad. However. Just next to us the will be a big RDC for Aldis opening soon and I was wondering what other experienced drivers specifically Aldi drivers opinion might be about the job/money/transport office/hours/shifts/units etc… Would it be with to consider the move?

Thanks

Same as your doing now with the additional pleasure of loading your wagon at the depot then unloading it at the store with absolutely no help from the store assistants.

Thanks for the answer. I do sometimes unload now in my current job although we not supposed to… Just to get me out a bit quicker and I don’t mind. A bit of exercise in-between journeys is good too.

But what I would like to know is a bit more thorough than that… Anyone with a bit more in depth description please?

Many thanks

I work for aldi at a new rdc you don’t always load your own lorry more often or not it’s loaded for you about 2 years ago they started employing load assist to do the loading.whilst at store you unload yourself but with electric truck it’s ok when you get used to it money’s ok as well I usually average 190 hours a month doing 5 on 3 off and take about £1850 Home

Thanks Dav36

Can I ask where you live / work? Just the area is enough don’t want to be too personal… I live down in the southeast ready so wages would be looking a bit higher hopefully…

190 hrs that’s around 9 hrs a day? Ish… Would they let you do overtime? I’m doing 220 ish a month take home 2200. Do you do job and knock or hours worked?

And the stores… How easy is it too get to them? Narrow tricky places or decent with enough space. We get maps with deliveries and every store for its own yard to spin round and reverse.

Sorry lot of questions I know but trying to find out some more info…

Thanks for the answer

Try looking at stores in your area for accessibility yourself?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

To the OP,
look yourself at some of Aldi’s around you and you will soon see that some stores r quite tricky to reserve into.

Aldi do have some stores which are quite hard to reverse into. Some have wider spaces… but more likely 75 tight 25 wide percentage wise.

Add to that you have to pull into the car park and reverse with the shoppers walking around and cars trying to cut you up its gets a bit tricky. Mind you at the 2 stores nearest me I know the drivers phone ahead and a staff member put a hi-vis on to shepherd the public out of the way whilst the driver reverses. Nights attracts a higher rate and easier to reverse as dead of night and no public but its your own preference.

Moneywise I know a few months back they used to hire via a recruitment agency and made you permanent with Aldi after 12 weeks but this is from Aldi site for Goldthorpe site in Rotherham:

Position HGV Driver (Days)
Contract TypePermanent
Salary £11.90 phr - £13.51 phr

mmeessii:
Thanks Dav36

Can I ask where you live / work? Just the area is enough don’t want to be too personal… I live down in the southeast ready so wages would be looking a bit higher hopefully…

190 hrs that’s around 9 hrs a day? Ish… Would they let you do overtime? I’m doing 220 ish a month take home 2200. Do you do job and knock or hours worked?

And the stores… How easy is it too get to them? Narrow tricky places or decent with enough space. We get maps with deliveries and every store for its own yard to spin round and reverse.

Sorry lot of questions I know but trying to find out some more info…

Thanks for the answer

I live in cardiff there’s a lot of overtime going it is job and knock they pay you 173.33 a month what ever happens stores are tricky to get into you can do it which way you see best it is do able it’s is a good place to work I enjoy it .

Out of interest is the stuff on pallets for the stores or in cages?

Nights sounds a good option - i assume you’d get a key for each store as presumably they don’t employ people at the stores overnight?

trevHCS:
Out of interest is the stuff on pallets for the stores or in cages?

Nights sounds a good option - i assume you’d get a key for each store as presumably they don’t employ people at the stores overnight?

It is pallets nights is good better money empty car parks you get store key

Thanks for the answers guys

Dav36… By 173.33 I assume you mean the hours per month?

Sorry forgot to ask… Do you know what shift start times are in place?

I am currently 3am start, there is a time band for that so not own preference…

How is the office staff and TM -s Dav36? Helpful… Rude… Do they know the job in every aspect?

mmeessii:
Sorry forgot to ask… Do you know what shift start times are in place?

I am currently 3am start, there is a time band for that so not own preference…

How is the office staff and TM -s Dav36? Helpful… Rude… Do they know the job in every aspect?

We got a lot of starts there’s alit of starts the earliest being 2 am I find office staff helpful you get your paperwork and are left alone

Thanks Dav36