Split 30/30 ?

HI All,
I am aware that a split break must be AT LEAST 15 and !£ mins respectively, with the 15 first and 30 second, My question is, is a 30/30 acceptable by law?
ATB,
Tommy.

As long as the second part of a split is a minimum of 30 mins and the first part of a split is a minimum of 15 mins then you are within the Drivers Hours Regs, amount of time over either of these figures are irrelevant as long as you meet the minimum as stated.

Perfectly legal.

The first 30 will only count as a 15 towards Driving break.

On that note just be careful if taking a full 45 in one block. Set off too early say at 44 and it will only count it as a 15 for driving break so you’d have to do another 30 at some point.

It would still count as a 44min break off your duty time but you ‘lose’ the 29 min for driving break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 mins + 44 mins will count as 15 + 30 for EU regs driving time split break

88 mins will be recorded as break time so will not count as working time for the WTD but will count as 88 mins for WTD break

I thought every minute you go over 15 was counted as other work? So like 21 minutes break would equal 15 minutes break and then 6 minutes other work?

Of course, once you reach 30 and 45 it would count from then

Edit: even for working time directive

jordon1703:
I thought every minute you go over 15 was counted as other work? So like 21 minutes break would equal 15 minutes break and then 6 minutes other work?

No break / rest is exactly that . It don’t matter how long be it 5 mins when you stop for a pee or 10 min , every thing under 15 just wont count as a WTD or driving break .

jordon1703:

You thought wrong then.If its on break thats what it is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I thought every minute you go over 15 was counted as other work?

Maybe getting muddled with the double manning rules. The first 45 minutes of POA recorded by the second driver is read as break. Don’t know if that’s the reason for the confusion - or just added a bit more!

But the basic single driver rule is easy. 45 minutes or can be split into 2 breaks. First one minimum 15 minutes, second one minimum of 30 minutes. They don’t carry a maximum.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I thought every minute you go over 15 was counted as other work?

Maybe getting muddled with the double manning rules. The first 45 minutes of POA recorded by the second driver is read as break. Don’t know if that’s the reason for the confusion - or just added a bit more!

But the basic single driver rule is easy. 45 minutes or can be split into 2 breaks. First one minimum 15 minutes, second one minimum of 30 minutes. They don’t carry a maximum.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Although they done carry a maximum remember that if the first break goes over 44 mins then it resets the 4.5 driving time

Thanks for all the replies guys, next Q, do VOSA deal with WTD infringements or only the RTR infringements?
Tommy.

TommyTanker:
Thanks for all the replies guys, next Q, do VOSA deal with WTD infringements or only the RTR infringements?
Tommy.

Since the WTD for drivers started about 10 years ago the authorities have not been interested in it and the DVSA do not have any sanctions for WTD breaches on their sanctions list

Many companies give internal infringements for breaches of WTD

ROG:

TommyTanker:
Tommy.

Since the WTD for drivers started about 10 years ago the authorities gave not been interested in it and the DVSA do not have any sanctions for WTD breaches on their sanctions list

Many companies give internal infringements for breaches of WTD

Thank you, ROG.