P Plates for New Drivers?

Has anyone decided to use P plates to show people they are new drivers after passing their class c?

I found the notion ridiculous - but spoke to a guy today who I did my CPC with who was going to get some to stick on to any truck he drives for the first 6 months.

So I wondered if anyone else did this? I certainly will not be.

sammym:
Has anyone decided to use P plates to show people they are new drivers after passing their class c?

I found the notion ridiculous - but spoke to a guy today who I did my CPC with who was going to get some to stick on to any truck he drives for the first 6 months.

It sounds daft to me, what does he hope to achieve? I have been driving over ten years, I know most of the rules of the road and how to drive, adaptations must be made in driving style for class 2 but it isn’t like you are just starting on the road, I think he would have the mickey taken at every opportunity with that idea, I bet he doesn’t keep them on the vehicle for 6 months…

I think people will think you’re taking the pss. You’re a lorry driver, not some blonde that has just past her car test!

Ha no if i did that I’d expect everyone I work with and deliver to, to take the mickey out of me. And rightly so.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sammym:

i saw am arctic with a P plate who ran a Red light ages after they changed the opposing traffic had to anchor up Maybe he thought Cant people see ive just passed my test and expect others to make allowances

I wouldn’t because it would be stupid. Your a professional driver which means you should have a better understanding of the road then car drivers.

That being said I have tried to worm out of dropping off a late night trailer by saying I’m a newb who can’t reverse very well and its tight. (which is true to a certain extent)
Didn’t work though as they sent someone with me. Think I’ll just keep insisting they send someone will me until they find another mug to do it.

Absolutely stupid and anyone doing so should have their trick licence revoked on the spot.

Pretty plates are meant for people who have just passed and started to drive, not someone who has already passed a car test and been driving and then passed a further test.

(Edit:I was going to edit pretty plates as stupid auto correct does not like P on its own, but I think I’ll leave it.)

I’ve heard just about everything now.

simcor:
Absolutely stupid and anyone doing so should have their trick licence revoked on the spot.

Pretty plates are meant for people who have just passed and started to drive, not someone who has already passed a car test and been driving and then passed a further test.

(Edit:I was going to edit pretty plates as stupid auto correct does not like P on its own, but I think I’ll leave it.)

I like the trick licence typo :smiley:

ROG:

simcor:

I like the trick licence typo :smiley:

Bugger I missed that. Lol

Instead of putting P plates on why not get a licence/name plate with something like “the newbie” or “newboy/girl”? that way your still alluding to the fact your new but not looking quite so silly.

RB84:
Instead of putting P plates on why not get a licence/name plate with something like “the newbie” or “newboy/girl”? that way your still alluding to the fact your new but not looking quite so silly.

That isnt a bad idea, It might keep people away a bit more lmao.