First job

Done first drive for a employer this weekend first time in artic . All day the trailer wasn’t having of reverse wouldn’t go where I wanted it took multiple shunts to get into bay . Discovered when got back to yard after 700 miles that diff lock had been on whole time surely this had an effect on reversing ■■?

Don’t think it would have made it easier.

Now we can let you have that for this time… :smiley: :smiley:

Still messing my reversing after 18 months of part time driving…touch wood only bent a mirror arm on an old unit and not hit anything yet so best of luck…put it in crawler mode to take it nice and slow.

Also, GOAL.
Tommy.

boltonboy:
Don’t think it would have made it easier.

Now we can let you have that for this time… :smiley: :smiley:

Still messing my reversing after 18 months of part time driving…touch wood only bent a mirror arm on an old unit and not hit anything yet so best of luck…put it in crawler mode to take it nice and slow.

Couldnt find a crawler mode on it brand new Mercedes it was .

Passed in wag and drag so artic reverse is new to be just hoping the diff being on caused that much nuisance as trying to reverse it was a nightmare !

All the diff lock does in lock the diff so the drive wheels turn together all the time, to stop one wheel spinning and one staying still for traction. Won’t make any difference to reversing although you shouldn’t drive with diff lock engaged all day.

It’s use is for slippery ground for setting off then switch it off when your moving.

Reversing takes time and practise and even then it never goes perfect all the time, everyone has to take a shunt or a few at times.

Unless like others you shunt using a terdberg and then it’s one hit all the time, well mostly apart from the odd occasion where your focus is on something else lol shunters are the only drivers that really can manage slow and fast reverses onto bays 99% of the time, oh and UK tramp as he’s a God. Lol

Halliesdad:
Done first drive for a employer this weekend first time in artic . All day the trailer wasn’t having of reverse wouldn’t go where I wanted it took multiple shunts to get into bay . Discovered when got back to yard after 700 miles that diff lock had been on whole time surely this had an effect on reversing ■■?

You are so so Lucky you did not blow the diff into bits driving it with it engaged. I take it, you dident feel it though the steering the unit trying to go in straight lines when turning.

Cheers Welly

I’m just impressed that you managed to drive 700 miles in one day!!

I’m just impressed that you managed to drive 700 miles in one day!!

Bull ■■■