19 hours parked

Hi there I’m a new driver just started tramping all was good for first couple of weeks but the last few weeks have found that the office has started to park me up somewhere for like 18 or 19 hours seems like a long time is this allowed have been told it’s not but thought I better check with people that know before I start shouting at anyone thanks in advance

Batkinson76:
Hi there I’m a new driver just started tramping all was good for first couple of weeks but the last few weeks have found that the office has started to park me up somewhere for like 18 or 19 hours seems like a long time is this allowed have been told it’s not but thought I better check with people that know before I start shouting at anyone thanks in advance

Why they parking you up for that amount of time?.Lack of work?.It is of course allowed.But ■■■■ that.I would’nt be parking up for that amount of time on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s what they are saying struggling to get return work but that’s not my fault but I’m the one stuck in a tin box for 19 hours not getting paid doesn’t seem right to me

19 hours sat waiting and unpaid! Yeah forget that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Batkinson76:
That’s what they are saying struggling to get return work but that’s not my fault but I’m the one stuck in a tin box for 19 hours not getting paid doesn’t seem right to me

Why are you not being paid?

After 11 off I’d be booking the hours…as you said, not your fault they haven’t got a load…

Find another job.

19 hours unpaid ? Are they paying your parking or are you in a layby ? :astonished:

I would be finding another job.

It might be an idea to consult the Beaver on this situation : :smiling_imp:

As said the maximum you should go unpaid is 11 hours for your daily rest,after that stick you tacho In and put it on other work and tell them you will need paying for it!!

Are you paid by the hour . Day or week
If by the hr I’d be putting me card in if by the day or week I can’t see why your worried

Of course it isn’t right. For how long would you think being stood for is ok without pay?

After 20 hours, 30 hours? I think not, so why would 19 be ok.

We don’t, except in very exceptional circumstances, stand anyone in the UK. It happens abroad and the drivers are on a guaranteed 12 hours wether they turn a wheel or not. In your case, I’d be looking at a minimum 8 hours after 11 and resetting it after another 11, something like that anyway.

Nuts to that!Fair enough if you are being paid and happy to do it but wouldn’t it be technically illegal? You are not really free to dispose of your time as you see fit, are you ?!
Tommy.

Just a thought. I wouldn’t stand being parked up for 19 hours without pay. On the other hand, I wouldn’t carry on working for an employer that did pay me as the sums don’t stack up and they’ll go broke. Unless, of course, it’s a one off (in which case, why are we even talking about it?)

So either way, best off out of it imo.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all your opinions guys I’m on hourly pay so think I will be informing them I will be putting my card in after 11 off and see what they have to say. Thanks again everyone

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

If no work I’d also be driving around using their fuel to get some more practice in if a newish driver!