Inductions.

Hi All,
A few times I have had agencies telling me I will need an induction, as a rule, should this be paid for or should I be expected to attend an induction for free?
ATB,
Tommy.

TommyTanker:
Hi All,
A few times I have had agencies telling me I will need an induction, as a rule, should this be paid for or should I be expected to attend an induction for free?
ATB,
Tommy.

From what i can gather some you get paid for others you don’t so you’ll have to see your agency.

How long an induction :question:

ROG:
How long an induction :question:

Good question.
Will you sitting watching a H& S video?
Showing reversing skills in a yard?
Or going out as second man on a run ■■■■■■■ goods around?

Always been paid for inductions, always will be, once you start doing free work for a bloody agency mob they’ll never stop taking the ■■■■.

Juddian:
Always been paid for inductions, always will be, once you start doing free work for a bloody agency mob they’ll never stop taking the ■■■■.

Registered as a driver, been asked to do loading and other stuff. I said no I am a driver… Just a BOS in the eyes of an agency I suppose.
Tommy.

Not an induction but I am piZed off with the agency I am working for this morning, After telling them I WILL NOT do any other work than driving I was booked for a 5AM start at Hermes this morning (some people might know where this is going at this point). I arrived and my cards were checked etc, I was told to go and sit in the canteen for a while and would be called up shortly. A few minutes of waiting and I am told to go and unload the arctic and sort the parcels! When I asked the supervisor I was told that it was normal and the agency was informed about this, I was also informed that I might not be driving at all because they had overbooked the drivers!
I am angered to say, for the first time in my working life I walked out on a job, I pride my self on my professionalism (My previous employment was retail management) And I am angry that I had to do this. I do not know what the future holds for this agency, but £11 PH is crap in my eyes, even as a newly qualified driver. I have been asked to register with another local agency who have said they can do much better than the hourly rate I am on now (£7.50 for 7.5t work and £9 for 18t work the other day). I did have a sense of loyalty to the agency I am working for because they were the first to call me when I started to apply for work recently. Now I am just thinking ■■■■ that I want better money.
ATB,
Tommy.

Sorry for your expierience Tommy. Is it correct you only a hold Class 2/Class C driving license?

Anyway Class 2 involves sometimes quiet a lot handballing, unloading/loading, while Class 1 sometimes is like

pull a trailer there and put it on the bay. Pick another one up and return to the depot.

Anyway all Jobs in this game involve a bit more or less manual labour, especially if you have to tip at Aldi/Lidl Rdc’s (some hate it, some see it as exercise)

I can understand you not there to unload a trailer when booked for a shift as driver. But like I said a bit physicall work is involded in all these jobs.

Tipperdipper1:
Sorry for your expierience Tommy. Is it correct you only a hold Class 2/Class C driving license?

Anyway Class 2 involves sometimes quiet a lot handballing, unloading/loading, while Class 1 sometimes is like

pull a trailer there and put it on the bay. Pick another one up and return to the depot.

Anyway all Jobs in this game involve a bit more or less manual labour, especially if you have to tip at Aldi/Lidl Rdc’s (some hate it, some see it as exercise)

I can understand you not there to unload a trailer when booked for a shift as driver. But like I said a bit physicall work is involded in all these jobs.

Hi,
Yes I hold a class 2 licence, I understand some loading unloading is required, but employed as a driver and stating I will not do other work, really made me annoyed that I am to unload their arctic and sort the parcels and maybe not drive at all, after explicitly telling my agency I wont do this kind of work has my hackles up :frowning:
Tommy.

That’s agencies for you. [emoji849][emoji45][emoji15] They try to get the job allocated because thats how they earn money.

I hope you get a decent run. R u planning on doing your class 1?

Tipperdipper1:
That’s agencies for you. [emoji849][emoji45][emoji15] They try to get the job allocated because thats how they earn money.

I hope you get a decent run. R u planning on doing your class 1?

I am sat at home now, left as soon as it I knew what the work was. Yes, my plan is to do class 1 at the end of January. I actually have a full time job to start on the 25th of November. But it is hard work (but I am aware of that), it will pay for my class 1, but I am concerned that I might not be able to get any class one work at that time of year, the plan is class1, some experience then adr, pdp and start tankers.
Tommy.

Maybe not the best time of the year but there are always companies who need drivers. Maybe not the best employers but a start.

Just check the forum and it tells how you can “hunt” for jobs as a newbie.

If you want to on tankers, it could be a possible route that you need to do some frigde work or general haulage just to get that necessary driving expierience.

If you want to go on tankers try maybe to get on milk/food tankers or tank containers to get the knowlegde about driving liquids around.

Good Luck mate

Tipperdipper1:
Maybe not the best time of the year but there are always companies who need drivers. Maybe not the best employers but a start.

Just check the forum and it tells how you can “hunt” for jobs as a newbie.

If you want to on tankers, it could be a possible route that you need to do some frigde work or general haulage just to get that necessary driving expierience.

If you want to go on tankers try maybe to get on milk/food tankers or tank containers to get the knowlegde about driving liquids around.

Good Luck mate

Hi, cheers, that was the sort of thing I had in mind.
Tommy.