Driverless lorries... Is it a possibility?

Hello all.

Question for you guys…

I have an opinion I want to read yours

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151016

Plus numerous previous threads and references.

Is it possible? Yes
Is it probable? Yes
Will there be problems with mixed systems until everything is automated ? Yes
Will it take jobs? Yes
Will there be replacement job opportunities? Hopefully
When will this happen? Sooner than many believe, but not tomorrow.
Will there be need for social restructuring if ordinary jobs are lost? Yes
Will there be a revolution? Hopefully itll be a peaceful one. What authority do I have to give these answers? My crystal ball is as well polished as anyones.

There we are. Thread over.

:unamused:

trolling pish again,or he finished his homework early for the weekend. :unamused:

dieseldog999:
trolling pish again,or he finished his homework early for the weekend. :unamused:

Yes mate. Good job you and I dont feed the trolls on these auto treads aint it?

There was a guardian article a while ago talking about how automation is going to wipe out jobs in every sector. It’s going to require huge social change.

I’m sure it’ll happen in my life time but it’s not worth being worried about overly just yet. Hasn’t stopped me getting my cat C licence this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
There was a guardian article a while ago talking about how automation is going to wipe out jobs in every sector. It’s going to require huge social change.

I’m sure it’ll happen in my life time but it’s not worth being worried about overly just yet. Hasn’t stopped me getting my cat C licence this year.

Its the social change thatll be the biggest hurdle. What we can do isnt always what we should do. But what is best for an individual or company (especially in the short term) isnt necessarily what is best for society as a whole in the long term. And we are currently set up so companies and politicians (those who need to be re-elected) need to look short term.
Democracy is good, but it ain`t perfect.

Franglais:

IronEddie:

Its the social change thatll be the biggest hurdle. What we can do isnt always what we should do. But what is best for an individual or company (especially in the short term) isnt necessarily what is best for society as a whole in the long term. And we are currently set up so companies and politicians (those who need to be re-elected) need to look short term.
Democracy is good, but it ain`t perfect.

Totally agree.

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

possibly we just did?? :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

possibly we just did?? :smiley:

:unamused: Again?

There. The troll is up to #9 already.

but will it make it to # 10 ■■?
bollox
11… :slight_smile:

We’ll have the cultural and religious civil wars before this driverless lorry farce gets off the ground in any meaningful way.

Its like global warming or whatever they call it this week, being a nerd in the research sector beats the crap out of a proper days work.

Will you be replaced by a machine, i doubt it, why do they need robots they’re dumbing down dividing and ruling humans why on earth would they need robots, what will happen before automated lorries is you’ll have a chip embedded in your brain when born linking you to the equivalent of skynet…and yes some half wits already voluntarily have chips embedded in their arms or wrists having bent over for the companies they work for :unamused: …and when your useful half machine half human half life is done, or you go off grid, they’ll bloody switch you off, terminate…end of line