IronEddie:

Bizkit:
Hi All
Been offered a class 2 temp to perm job :smiley: but not sure whether to take it
Its 40 minutes from where I live on class 2 fridge/freezers, a few drops across the country to wholesale/commercial etc, then run back empty, but its silly o’clock starts - 1.00am / 2.00am and some more slightly sociable 4.00am / 5.00am o’clock starts plus the odd night out.
As a first hgv driving job, would you take it? I have never done shift work or night work so i’m not sure whether a sleep pattern change aswell as a career change all in one go would be too much for a newbie.
The money’s not great either, but appreciate Im a newbie so not much can do on the haggling front, no overtime. ( with agency for 13 weeks paye) mon - fri but finish when you finish.
Not sure whether to hold out for a day position as a first job
Your thoughts on class 2 fridge/freezer work would be appreciated :smiley:
Thanks

I to do class 2 multi drop frozen and chilled. As Jordan says it’s physical work, a sack of spuds or box of chips is quite heavy. I deliver to schools, cafes and the like, picking the order myself and taking it in on a sack barrow. reading your post it sounds like you might have an easier time of it than I do.

So far typically starting between half four and six finished mid afternoon. Monday was a 13 hour day from hell. Expect bad days as well as good.

Personally I’d take the job. Stick it for 6 months for the experience and then find something better.

Edit. Forgot to say my commute is 40 minutes on quiet roads. If spaghetti jnc or the m42 is bad it’ll take me an hour. I’d like to be closer but it’s not unbearable either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Many thanks IronEddie,
This is delivering boxed meat, so guessing would be fairly similar to what you do
I’m thinking along the same lines as you, maybe take it for the experience and see how it goes.
but i’m trying to get my head round the 1.00am / 2.00am starts, :open_mouth: , 4.30am / 6.00am would be fine
Thanks again fella