Advice for new start

Hi all
New to this forum, just retired from police after 30 years, have licences C plus E etc and just completed mod 2 and 4
Question is will I get a job at 52with limited experience other than driving wagons in the army when I was 18 or are employers out there looking for more on road experience and less life experience (ie younger)
Am In the central belt of Scotland
What’s my chances ?
Any advice appreciated
Cheers

I’m sure ex forces (Military or Civil) would be desirable to a good number of potential employers, purely because you have years and years of proof of how responsible you are which is obviously a plus.

On the other hand I know a few firms that would run a mile before hiring an ex policeman as they may be aware if some shady practices that shouldbt be happening :laughing:

Slippymurphy:
Hi all
New to this forum, just retired from police after 30 years, have licences C plus E etc and just completed mod 2 and 4
Question is will I get a job at 52with limited experience other than driving wagons in the army when I was 18 or are employers out there looking for more on road experience and less life experience (ie younger)
Am In the central belt of Scotland
What’s my chances ?
Any advice appreciated
Cheers

Register with one of the agencies. There are a few who supply drivers to the RDCs along the M8 corridor. They’ll take on both new and experienced drivers. You can pick it up again as you go along.
Once you get the hours under your belt again then get the CV out to your WH Malcolms, Gists or whatever else you fancy in your area.

Many thanks folks it’s appreciated
Just have to give it a bash , not literally obviously
Cheers