Tipper work ??

I know this has been asked many times…but, I passed my C test and CPC last month and now have my DQC card and Tacho card. I am taking an MPQC (EPIC) card course in two weeks time.

I am very, very keen to get some tipper experience with the goal being to get tipper work full time if I can.

I live in Shropshire with reach of Herefordshire and Worcestershire, I don’t mind travelling and I don’t mind working part time to start with, weekends, evenings, holiday or sick cover or whatever.

I am told it’s not impossible to get tipper work as a new HGV 2 driver, but the reality, I am aware, may be different !

Obviously, muck away, demolition work, or any such like is all on my radar.

Any pointers or advice anyone out there may have would be gratefully received thank you. I am early fifties with a clean licence by the way.

Thanks, John.

Hi John,

Congratulations on passing your test.

To be honest, the best thing would be to look what companies are doing tipper runs near you and go and see them.
Take the time to go in rather than just send your CV.

You may be surprised, I am based in Cambridgeshire and often see work advertised. Some offer positions to new passes and training of up to four weeks, including your EPIC card. I personally have found no shortage of work, don’t be put off if they ask for two years experience, apply anyhow.

Good luck! :grimacing:

Thanks for your reply. It’s encouraging that you say not to be put off by the ‘’ experience needed’’ etc.

I will have to get out there and knock on some doors !!!