Silly application form question

The part asking for any criminal convictions. Does that include motoring offences such as the 3 points and fine I have? Can’t see anywhere I would list a speeding offence on the application.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
The part asking for any criminal convictions. Does that include motoring offences such as the 3 points and fine I have? Can’t see anywhere I would list a speeding offence on the application.

Hi IronEddie, not answering the question coz I don’t know the answer but just being nosey and wanted to know what your applying for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abzyyy:

IronEddie:

Hi IronEddie, not answering the question coz I don’t know the answer but just being nosey and wanted to know what your applying for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brakes and P&H

Aren’t criminal convictions a completely separate thing to driving convictions?

If there’s a separate section that asks about driving endorsements (points) on the form that will probably answer your question.

Reef:

If there’s a separate section that asks about driving endorsements (points) on the form that will probably answer your question.

I thought they were separate things and no there isn’t a separate box on the form. That’s what’s thrown me. Was expecting a driving job to want to know what endorsements are on a licence at application stage.

Do you have to declare any convictions that are ‘spent’ ?

IronEddie:

Reef:

I thought they were separate things and no there isn’t a separate box on the form. That’s what’s thrown me. Was expecting a driving job to want to know what endorsements are on a licence at application stage.

I’m fairly sure they wouldn’t be counted in that sense, perhaps for a DD or similar but not SP30.

The only time i’ve put everything down was for police vetting

raymundo:

No it does state unspent convictions.

raymundo:

I’d imagine that asking to declare any spent convictions would be a breach of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act

I enquired about emigration once. Fancied moving to the southern hemisphere. Phoned an embassey and the first thing the sassy female ask me was "Have you got any Criminal Convictions ? " I said "I didn’t know you still needed them ".

I had something like this when I was applying for Airport Security ID for Gatwick back in April time. Are they asking for 5 years of employment/education history too ? That’s the standard for airport stuff. The only Brakes driver I saw airside at Gatwick seemed content in his work - I got the idea it was nicer than some of the other Brakes work.

I would not include the speeding ticket as a criminal conviction on the form but that’s me.

I was told that generally criminal convictions = potential prison time.

Hyh:
I had something like this when I was applying for Airport Security ID for Gatwick back in April time. Are they asking for 5 years of employment/education history too ? That’s the standard for airport stuff. The only Brakes driver I saw airside at Gatwick seemed content in his work - I got the idea it was nicer than some of the other Brakes work.

I would not include the speeding ticket as a criminal conviction on the form but that’s me.

I was told that generally criminal convictions = potential prison time.

In the end I didn’t include it. On the phone call to set up interview was asked then about points on licence. So all good.

onesock:
I enquired about emigration once. Fancied moving to the southern hemisphere. Phoned an embassey and the first thing the sassy female ask me was "Have you got any Criminal Convictions ? " I said "I didn’t know you still needed them ".

touche. :smiley: