Tacho Graph Rules

Hi Just wondering where can I briefly look up on tachograph rules driving times and working times directives. Also there is something going on in my mind as to how can you do 15 hours shift as I might end up doing on my new job. 6 hours driving and other work 15 minutes break 6-9 hours which ever comes first driving 4.5 hrs or 9 hours then its 30 minutes break and that gives me another 4.5 drive time. So that means 9 hours 45 minutes break and I still got 6 hours which I need another 15 minutes break? Is that right. Does POA applies to 6 hours rule example i drove for 2 hours parked up on bay and put it on POA. And 3 hours later started driving again. So before in 1 hour later I need to take 15 minutes break? POST A counts as other work lol I don’t know what I am talking about someone please tell me where to look up all this.
Also how many 15 hours am I allowed to do in 2 weeks I know it’s 2 in 1 week but I read somewhere only 3 times I can reduce my daily rest in 2 consecutive weeks which is 9 hours.
Do company keep records of your tacho times or it’s all up to the drivers to keep record of everything. I don’t even know how to do manual entry yet so if any of you experienced ones can tell me where can I look up everything that would be great Thanks.
On my current/last Job I was only doing 8 to 9 hours every night. And hardly ever driven more than 4 hours in whole shift.
For example I am doing 13 hours Saturday 13 Hours Sunday 13 hours Monday 15 hours Tuesday and 15 hours Wednesday and have 45 hours weekly rest.
My question is will I be doing the same in the following week? Your only allowed to do 90 hours driving in 2 consecutive weeks right sorry if it all mixed up but I just need the information if someone can help me thanks.

Download the GV262 from the Internet. It’s the Bible on driver hours law.

Anyone holding a HGV licence should know about this publication. Training Schools usually mention it, and it usually gets mentioned on Cpc courses on drivers hours.

I’m simple terms as you have asked a lot of questions.

If working a 15 hour day you will need at least 2 breaks during your day. Each of 45 mins for each stint of 4.5 hours of driving. Leaving you 1 hour of drive time left. That’s purely for driving rules. Breaks can also be split into a 15min and 30 min I that order to complete a 45 min rest break.

You can’t work more than 6 hours straight without a break under the WTD. A break for driving time or WTD covers both of them for the duration of that break taken. A combination of breaks equalling 45 mins resets your driving time.

Any period of POA will push forward the WTD by that amount of POA recorded, so 1 hours POA means that your current 6 hours WT is extended by 1 hour.

Simply you need to take breaks for either the driving limit or WTD as needed, but it can be quite easy to coincide them so you only take breaks for driving and are covered for the WTD at the same time.

You need to have at least 30 mins break for a shift less than 9 hours for WTD and at least 45 mins break for a shift exceeding 9 hours.

One simple question as well? Why on earth are you working 69 hours a week each week? Just because the law says you can do a 13 or 15 hour shift every day doesn’t mean you should or be forced to do so.

Some like the cash. I’ve done 74 hours this week but Christmas is coming and all that jazz

As for manual entries it depends on which tacho unit is used. YouTube has loads of videos for either so have a look on there

Take a tour of the safety law and working time forum as all you have asked has been answered there :bulb:
viewforum.php?f=7

simcor:
One simple question as well? Why on earth are you working 69 hours a week each week? Just because the law says you can do a 13 or 15 hour shift every day doesn’t mean you should or be forced to do so.

Believe me when I say this I only want 40 hours a week if I can get away with it but I heard stobarts are known to push drivers to the limit I don’t know how true it is until I get to see this for myself. I got no experience on class 1s to begin with so I can’t be picky n choosy on anything really. Thanks for the quick replies lets start learning on basics.

crazyplay:

simcor:

Believe me when I say this I only want 40 hours a week if I can get away with it but I heard stobarts are known to push drivers to the limit I don’t know how true it is until I get to see this for myself. I got no experience on class 1s to begin with so I can’t be picky n choosy on anything really. Thanks for the quick replies lets start learning on basics.

Well the name says everything. I expect you will be working all the hours God sends for the Green Giant that’s not so Jolly by all accounts.

It’s a start I guess as you say but I’ve been there doing 60-70 hours nearly every week when I did retail on agency for my lot. Yes money was pretty good but very little time to have any sort of social life.

With the help of some other forum members, we produced this a year or so ago, if you want a copy to print off and take with you or have on a tablet or laptop, PM me with an email address and I’ll send you one. Can be in either .doc or .pdf format.