Tacho manual entry

This morning I did a manual entry like every other morning. Only this morning once had done it and drove for approx 2.30 hours it flashed up on close to my 9 hours and needed a break but the truck is showing I need 11 off . Now I’m aware of obviously i made an error on my manual entry .its about another 2 hours 30 back home and currently having a 45 min break . What can I do about this. Many thanks in advance

Are you saying you made a manual entry, when you booked on, and you mistakenly made that entry for a much longer time than you should have?
If so the first thing to do is make a print out to check exactly what you have got on record.
If you’re correct that the tacho is telling you to to stop because of info you put in mistakenly, then you should be ok to ignore it when the tacho tells you to stop. It is advising you because it has bad info.
I don’t think it’s possible to go back and correct a manual input once it’s been made.
Write on the print that your manual input was incorrect. Check carefully what hours you have Really worked and if you’re sure you’re not over, then carry on.
The above is what I’d do, hopefully someone will be along soon with an Expert answer.
Daresay a few others too!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

You don’t need to do a manual entry every day. So long as your card shows a 9-11 hour gap from when with drawn to put back in, the manual entry on starting is just to confirm that you’ve had a break/rest period.

biggriffin:
You don’t need to do a manual entry every day. So long as your card shows a 9-11 hour gap from when with drawn to put back in, the manual entry on starting is just to confirm that you’ve had a break/rest period.

You should be doing a manual entry everyday to show what you’ve done from taking your card out to putting it back in the next day unless you’re the only one who drives it and you decide to leave your card in .

biggriffin:

Nope

nick2008:

biggriffin:

Nope

Depends.

If you’re doing no work between booking off one day and booking on the next, no need for a manual entry.
If doing work, then there is a need to record it.
So, it depends.

Franglais:

nick2008:

biggriffin:

Nope

Depends.

If you’re doing no work between booking off one day and booking on the next, no need for a manual entry.
If doing work, then there is a need to record it.
So, it depends.

Nick is 100% correct when he says “Nope” - because the purpose of the manual input is not “Just to confirm that you’ve had a Break/Rest”, rather it is to record any work-related activity that may have taken place while the card was out. If there is any such activity then you should make a manual entry, if not then no need - but the point remains that the purpose is not simply to confirm you’ve taken a Rest.

And no, this is not splitting hairs or being pedantic.

Was Nick’s nope referring to the assertion that the mode is merely to confirm a rest has been taken OR referring to the statement that a manual entry is not always needed.
“Nope”. May not have the meaning you think it does?
Also if “Nope” is referring to both of Big Griffin’s statements ? Wouldn’t that be best countered by “yes and no”?

Franglais:
Was Nick’s nope referring to the assertion that the mode is merely to confirm a rest has been taken OR referring to the statement that a manual entry is not always needed.
“Nope”. May not have the meaning you think it does?
Also if “Nope” is referring to both of Big Griffin’s statements ? Wouldn’t that be best countered by “yes and no”?

I’d say my statement was correct .

Is it not just better to record a full record including rest periods regardless? I know certainly with continental work the authorities over there look for continuous records.

Then again you can always get the employer to make an attestation letter to cover the gaps but I dunno I just found it easier to account for everything on my card whether I have to or not whether in UK or Europe.