Changing the time on the tacho for DST?

Yo guys,

Will I need to change the time on my tacho tomorrow seeing as the clocks are coming back an hour tonight?

Just wondering if it’s necessary or if I can leave it in UTC.

jordon1703:
Yo guys,

Will I need to change the time on my tacho tomorrow seeing as the clocks are coming back an hour tonight?

Just wondering if it’s necessary or if I can leave it in UTC.

UTC and GMT are the same thing , no need to change time only change local time

oh yes… That’s what I mean. I presume changing the local time is just for driver convenience?

My most recent printouts had UTC time on if I am not mistaken. It’s the first time I’ve done a time change so sorry if this is a silly question - Just want to make sure

Youll be able to change the displayed local time as you wish. The printout will always be in UTC irrespective of the display you choose to have, so UTC doesnt change with the seasons. As a driver you can alter the UTC time by (I think) one minute per week only.

No need to set your alarm and get into work for 02hrs00 and reset everything, despite what others will try and tell you. :smiley:
That is only necessary at midnight on March 31st.

No need to set your alarm and get into work for 02hrs00 and reset everything, despite what others will try and tell you. :smiley:
That is only necessary at midnight on March 31st.

Yeah - right!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Lovely, thankyou so much guys :slight_smile:

Some tachos change local time automatically, if not then its card out ign on. Go to vehicle entry, scroll thro to local time and adjust as required.

Dix mine this morning.

biggriffin:
Some tachos change local time automatically, if not then its card out ign on. Go to vehicle entry, scroll thro to local time and adjust as required.

Dix mine this morning.

You can do it in settings on the dash too and on some trucks it’ll change local time on the tachograph head unit