5 day direct access course, is it worth it?

hi guys and girls,

Have just passed my module 2 and 4 and ready to start handing my cv out. Am in the process of leaving the army and on terminal leave. I’ve got a direct access course starting on the 6th November (paid for by the army) from experience, does it matter at all? i.e. does it look good on your cv? maybe make me more employable? feel like I can be doing something more productive like job interviews etc. any help will be much appreciated.

Don’t know the detail of the course, but anything that increases knowledge should make you more employable.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

DAS - as in the motorcycle course?

It’s a lot of fun. I’d definitely do it if it’s free. However the only job it would help you get would be one riding a motorbike - like a takeaway driver. I’d still do it though.

No its the end of a hgv training course. It’s an overall look over at all modules. Allot of people haven’t heard of it which makes me think it’s just a money making scheme.

I figure you don’t need the course but if it would cover anything you’re still unsure about then it could be worth doing.

This is the first I’ve heard of it and I doubt it’d make you more employable unless the course is giving you something that’ll make you stand out. At the end of the day I suspect any employer cares more about you having a licence and cpc, a safe driver and the right attitude for them.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

If Pete doesn’t know the details about it then it isn’t worth knowing about I’d say.

But if it’s free then hay ho.