New driver, 1st day tomorrow tacho question

Hi, I’ve been a lurker in the forums for a while now while I was training reading the advice on here.
I have my first day driving tomorrow since passing my class 2, and I have a question regarding a tacho entry.
I started with my job last Monday and it was a week of classroom based stuff and 3 days CPC course apart from one 40 minute driving assessment. I made manual entries for that day aswell as recording my driving time for the assessment etc.

My question is tomorrow when I start I’m expected to make manual entries for the 3 days I was doing CPC? I have wrote down all the times in a diary that I was in the courses for including breaks.
I’ve been told by someone Instead of making all these entries, that when I start tomorrow and do a manual entry from my driving assessment up to the morning, I could just use the ‘?’ Symbol and do a print out explaining it on the back?

Last thing I want to do is get off on the wrong foot with this, any advice be appreciated.

Cheers Dan

You need to keep a record of your work. In theory both are correct but I find it easier to record all my work like CPC as a manual entry because then everything is in my card and in one place.

Just font forget to put breaks in.

Dant00t:
Hi, I’ve been a lurker in the forums for a while now while I was training reading the advice on here.
I have my first day driving tomorrow since passing my class 2, and I have a question regarding a tacho entry.
I started with my job last Monday and it was a week of classroom based stuff and 3 days CPC course apart from one 40 minute driving assessment. I made manual entries for that day aswell as recording my driving time for the assessment etc.

My question is tomorrow when I start I’m expected to make manual entries for the 3 days I was doing CPC? I have wrote down all the times in a diary that I was in the courses for including breaks.
I’ve been told by someone Instead of making all these entries, that when I start tomorrow and do a manual entry from my driving assessment up to the morning, I could just use the ‘?’ Symbol and do a print out explaining it on the back?

Last thing I want to do is get off on the wrong foot with this, any advice be appreciated.

Cheers Dan

There’s no point trying to put records for none driving days into the tachograph, it will be time consuming and there’s a chance of making mistakes, use the ? symbol for the time since the card was last ejected to the start of your shift tomorrow (today).

You can write the times for the none working days on a printout but I’m led to believe that the DVSA will be happy with the records you’ve made in a book.