Is Leicester a good place to pass a C + E test?

I did class 2 at Garrets Green in Birmingham and hated it there although passed 2nd time. Is Leicester a little less stressful on test with less tight junctions and busy roundabouts?

All areas will have their good and bad points. I did my C at Featherstone and C+E at Garretts Green and both had good and bad points.

Leicester whenever I go I tend to find the standard of car drivers below what I find in other places.

As an EX LGV instructor in Leicester I can say that it is ok for doing the test

As in most areas it has a few tricky points

Suggest DATA ACADEMY for doing the test in Leicester area as they have their own DVSA examiners (start/finish the test from their own premises)

But to take a test without busy city centres and with no multi - lane roundabouts, many folks choose to come to us just up the road NG17 3FW.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The logic of going to a smaller quieter town to do your training/test is a sound one. I much prefered driving around Mansfield and area with PSTT. The thought of doing my C (never mind C+E) around Birmingham is unnerving.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sorry about the waffling (I probably should have done a training diary) but it’s Chelmsford for me all day long.

I’ve never been the other area you guys are talking about and as above I’m sure all have there merits.
My local training provider’s test centre is in Newbury and on visiting them was advised to do a 5 day course as the town was complicated :unamused: that’s taking into account I live in the area. (The course price £1621-£2971 :open_mouth:, that’s crap to drive round in a car let alone a truck.)

I had a look around found another training provider found one in Chelmsford for £800 :smiley: Had a trial drive Blah Blah Blah. Did 8 Hours 1to1 training and passed with 5 Minors, I have booked C+E (£800) for November.
I have never been to Chelmsford and IMHO :sunglasses: It’s a great place for training and test and my training provider.
flairtraining.co.uk

A lorry driver should be competent enough to drive under normal circumstances anywhere which is what the test is all about

The examiners do not want to put new drivers on the roads if they are not capable

Yeah, but why make life harder on yourself if you don’t need to? Go test somewhere a bit more forgiving just to help yourself out.

I’d sooner take a lorry round brum now I’ve passed than with the examiner sat next to me [emoji23]

Yep I completely agree with the above posts
My choice for Chelmsford was not the place but the price of the training. £800 :smiley: or £3000 :open_mouth: It just turned out Chelmsford is an easy place to train.
And if I had to admit to it the training provider up the road from me saying there was no point going on a trial drive as I would need 5 days to get used to the test centre was a bit off putting + their price of coarse.

Rog is spot on.a good driver will past the test anywhere.

Totally agree. But, using the same reasoning as eg manual vs auto, why reduce the chances?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

IronEddie:
Yeah, but why make life harder on yourself if you don’t need to? Go test somewhere a bit more forgiving just to help yourself out.

I’d sooner take a lorry round brum now I’ve passed than with the examiner sat next to me [emoji23]

Brum child’s play , London and its suburbs that’s a different story :open_mouth:
I’ve got the joys of the area around Portsmouth and Southampton from the 30th when I do my Class 1

blue estate:

IronEddie:

Brum child’s play , London and its suburbs that’s a different story :open_mouth:
I’ve got the joys of the area around Portsmouth and Southampton from the 30th when I do my Class 1

Good Luck mate :slight_smile: i’m a Pompey boy,but moved up to the midlands years ago.

carryfast-yeti:

blue estate:

IronEddie:

Good Luck mate :slight_smile: i’m a Pompey boy,but moved up to the midlands years ago.

Thanx , I was 4 when you took yours :open_mouth:
Doing it with 2start who are in Ackworth road behind Ferry speed

blue estate:

carryfast-yeti:

blue estate:

IronEddie:

Thanx , I was 4 when you took yours :open_mouth:
Doing it with 2start who are in Ackworth road behind Ferry speed

haha…the driver 'trainer’at our place wasn’t born when i passed my test :laughing:
Ferry speed run into our place,collecting for our Jersey store.

blue estate:

IronEddie:

I was born in London, can well belive it ain’t a bed of roses to drive a lorry round.

Birmingham has a few roundabouts I dislike but mostly everyone here just seems to be an inconsiderate prick when driving and in a rush to get from A to B. I did my car test in Birmingham and obviously will drive a car, lorry whatever anywhere. But it was nice being tested for cat C in more pleasant, less hectic conditions.

haha…the driver 'trainer’at our place wasn’t born when i passed my test
Ferry speed run into our place,collecting for our Jersey store.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Botley test centre has shut down but the company I’m doing it with has their own reversing area
also they used to be owned by my boss as well :wink:

IronEddie:

blue estate:

IronEddie:

I was born in London, can well belive it ain’t a bed of roses to drive a lorry round.

Birmingham has a few roundabouts I dislike but mostly everyone here just seems to be an inconsiderate prick when driving and in a rush to get from A to B. I did my car test in Birmingham and obviously will drive a car, lorry whatever anywhere. But it was nice being tested for cat C in more pleasant, less hectic conditions.

Not fun in a 30ft long body 26t trying to turn left with every idiot trying to go around your r/h side so your trying to avoid railings and kerbs on the left and taking cars out on the right with your tail swing
and cyclist taking either way around you :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Army and Navy roundabout a test route at Chelmsford? Apart from that roundabout its not a bad place to take a test.

blue estate:

IronEddie:

blue estate:

IronEddie:

Not fun in a 30ft long body 26t trying to turn left with every idiot trying to go around your r/h side so your trying to avoid railings and kerbs on the left and taking cars out on the right with your tail swing
and cyclist taking either way around you :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Sounds like you’d need a pint at the end of the day.