Getting Fed up with Agency

So I know I am booked (since Thursday) for a double manned Scotland run for Sunday 0100 to do a 15 hour shift.

Agency ring on Friday afternoon…can I do Friday 11pm Scotland…erm no can do
Agency tells me I am booked for 1000 Sat…erm no I am not… never agreed to that
Agency tells me that the Sunday shift is no longer available so can I do Sat 0100 instead…okay I say as I have only worked 1 day this week.

I checked with Employer if said Employer are sending someone else to do my Original Sunday 0100 shift…sure they said we received an email at 1300 on Friday to confirm that.

Just getting frustrated for the last minute requests and blatantly lying to me, they don’t book me in advance and I am just supposed to drop things on a whim.

Now the clincher…Agency just called me at 1800 considering I finished at 1530…can I do a Scotland double manned shift at 2300

Clearly the Agency does not care for my welfare or health and safety or actually took time to look at driver hours.

The trouble is , the person at the agency has probably never been in a truck let alone driven one

Register with another agency or 3 nothing to stop you & find the right one for you

If not at work this week go see as many companies you can that have lorries to try secure full time job not alway easy I know been there done that but can be done

The people I work with are absolutely fine, but I think its time to step up and as I have now got experience (just time on my licence as still a newbie) under my belt with now over 15 months driving’ish experience I should be able to be a bit more selective, get stuff closer to my home and hopefully more money in my bag. :smiley:

boltonboy:
The people I work with are absolutely fine, but I think its time to step up and as I have now got experience (just time on my licence as still a newbie) under my belt with now over 15 months driving’ish experience I should be able to be a bit more selective, get stuff closer to my home and hopefully more money in my bag. :smiley:

I got 3 night shifts last week. If it’s like that near crimbo just imagine how will it be like after christmas, I just don’t know what to do myself I am thinking of asking for my old job back which is only just above minimum wage My heads battered thinking as to what to do and no matter where you look and ask it’s all agency work basically.

As above, try signing up with a couple more agencies.

Good luck,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

crazyplay:

boltonboy:

I got 3 night shifts last week. If it’s like that near crimbo just imagine how will it be like after christmas, I just don’t know what to do myself I am thinking of asking for my old job back which is only just above minimum wage My heads battered thinking as to what to do and no matter where you look and ask it’s all agency work basically.

Have you got c and e or just c?

If you have c and e try Stowbarts, Downtons or Turners. All are known to take new passes. My local Fowler Welch is advertising new passes welcome so maybe even them.

I am not saying they are the best jobs or money but they are time on your card and will be regular in January

I think you will find that one of the blue-eyed-boys who fancied the original job is being ‘looked after’ by someone at the agency.

cav551:
I think you will find that one of the blue-eyed-boys who fancied the original job is being ‘looked after’ by someone at the agency.

And this is my real concern…Okay I only want to work 2-3 days a week (Tues-Thurs and maybe some odd weekends) but they should book me in at least 3 days in advance but not use me knowing I am home alone and should say yes. When I say no I can hear their voices drop which puts me in a predicament thinking will they next call me.

Anyway there is always hope out there as my recent new agency and Royal Mail assessment has both proved successful (how I will always doubt myself) and I will post in the next few days on my experience after completing a couple of shifts :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

kcrussell25:

crazyplay:

boltonboy:

If you have c and e try Stowbarts, Downtons or Turners. All are known to take new passes. My local Fowler Welch is advertising new passes welcome so maybe even them.

I am not saying they are the best jobs or money but they are time on your card and will be regular in January

I got me assessment coming up with stobarts next Wednesday. I had a chat with a guy from XPO logistics so waiting for assessment. I am applying everywhere from right left and centre. And also I had a chat with my old supervisor and told him about my current situation he said I am more than welcome to come back, The company who I did my Class 1 which would have landed me a permanent job has shafted me big style, i am still on class 2. Long story short I don’t know which way to go myself should I go back to me old job, Or should I keep looking for class 1 and work for class 2.

Agencies are crippling pay rates throughout the UK ,Not just in haulage either !Look at the rates they are offering in factories ! £7.50 wtf. Twenty years ago companies were paying £10 per hour for track workers and semi skilled cable tie fitters !Now the government’s minimum wage idea has got these scum ■■■■■ basing all pay rates around it !Very sneaky …When will this greed end … .They charge firms massive fees ,and are now paying poorer and poorer rates .It is like they have control on full time work.Agencies were in place for temp contracts but now control most firms Labour completely .Its time that companies started giving out proper jobs again ,And got rid of these parasites .I have not took one agency job in 12 months in haulage .Go direct lads cut out these ruinous parasites…

crazyplay:

kcrussell25:

crazyplay:

boltonboy:

I got me assessment coming up with stobarts next Wednesday. I had a chat with a guy from XPO logistics so waiting for assessment. I am applying everywhere from right left and centre. And also I had a chat with my old supervisor and told him about my current situation he said I am more than welcome to come back, The company who I did my Class 1 which would have landed me a permanent job has shafted me big style, i am still on class 2. Long story short I don’t know which way to go myself should I go back to me old job, Or should I keep looking for class 1 and work for class 2.

Good luck with the assessment. Personally I would try and get in at Stobarts and leave the Xpo job for the future. Stobarts are known for taking new passes and are likely to be understanding of mistakes you make and support you accordingly. Save the “better” job for when you have got some experience would be my advice

crazyplay:
Good luck with the assessment. Personally I would try and get in at Stobarts and leave the Xpo job for the future. Stobarts are known for taking new passes and are likely to be understanding of mistakes you make and support you accordingly. Save the “better” job for when you have got some experience would be my advice

Well I went and passed my assessment and straight after I secured myself a permanent job, Does anyone have a clue what kind of a job stobarts is like I went for night shift work. I solely thought of Less to none traffic and rdc work. It can’t be multi drops can it? Money isn’t great 9.68 nights but I thought of as an experience now I just got to stick to it for a year or more somehow.

Beetlejuice:
Agencies are crippling pay rates throughout the UK ,Not just in haulage either !Look at the rates they are offering in factories ! £7.50 wtf. Twenty years ago companies were paying £10 per hour for track workers and semi skilled cable tie fitters !Now the government’s minimum wage idea has got these scum [zb] basing all pay rates around it !Very sneaky …When will this greed end … .They charge firms massive fees ,and are now paying poorer and poorer rates .It is like they have control on full time work.Agencies were in place for temp contracts but now control most firms Labour completely .Its time that companies started giving out proper jobs again ,And got rid of these parasites .I have not took one agency job in 12 months in haulage .Go direct lads cut out these ruinous parasites…

The people that are taking these £7.50 an hour factory jobs would work for £3.50 an hour or less, so I wouldn’t blame just agency greed. I have just left a middle management job in the sort of place that runs predominantly on agency and one of (there were many) the final straws was when I was stood in the smoking area with 40 other people, not only would I be the only Brit in there, I was also the only person that could speak a single word of English.

crazyplay:

crazyplay:

Well I went and passed my assessment and straight after I secured myself a permanent job, Does anyone have a clue what kind of a job stobarts is like I went for night shift work. I solely thought of Less to none traffic and rdc work. It can’t be multi drops can it? Money isn’t great 9.68 nights but I thought of as an experience now I just got to stick to it for a year or more somehow.

£9.68 on nights wtf …

crazyplay:

crazyplay:

Well done. No idea on the job but check for road closures at night. As you say its a start. Give it 6 months and start looking around

I too am fed up of agencys and their twaddle!

Just been off sick (5 Weeks) after an operation and the break has done me the world of good and opened my eyes to the rut I was in.

Why do I get up at silly o clock to do stuff no one else wants to do, travel here, there and everywhere to different employers not knowing where I will be one day to the next and get dropped at the last minute with a phone call?

The penny has dropped, I gotta go back in the very short term but I do like getting up at a civilised hour - think I’m gonna try something else - there is more to life than agency crap!

Agency ? First 10 years are the worst

I always fancied fork lift driving…night shift, but never got round to looking in to it.