weekly rest

A little confused, since i’ve been on tacho i’ve always done mon-fri work with the odd Saturday morning. As it was just the odd Saturday morning I never had a problem with working out my weekly rest and the reduced ones were always paid back without having to think about it.

Anyway, I’m starting a new gig on agency for Asda tomorrow, which will include weekends and days off in the week, this confuses the issue somewhat.

My week so far has been finish last Friday @ 16.45, off until Thursday 07.00-12.00 for a driving assessment and induction, off today (Friday) start tomorrow (Saturday) 06.00, off Sunday then working next week.

So, When do I next need to take a standard rest period? does today and Sunday both count as reduced and is that allowed? I THINK I can go til next weekend and have Sat/Sun off?

Thanks, Fuzrat

Fuzrat:
A little confused, since i’ve been on tacho i’ve always done mon-fri work with the odd Saturday morning. As it was just the odd Saturday morning I never had a problem with working out my weekly rest and the reduced ones were always paid back without having to think about it.

Anyway, I’m starting a new gig on agency for Asda tomorrow, which will include weekends and days off in the week, this confuses the issue somewhat.

My week so far has been finish last Friday @ 16.45, off until Thursday 07.00-12.00 for a driving assessment and induction, off today (Friday) start tomorrow (Saturday) 06.00, off Sunday then working next week.

So, When do I next need to take a standard rest period? does today and Sunday both count as reduced and is that allowed? I THINK I can go til next weekend and have Sat/Sun off?

Thanks, Fuzrat

I will put it in a way I think it went =
Fri 13th end shift at 16.45
Drive Thu 19th 0700 to 1200
Off Fri 20th
Drive Sat 21st starting 0600 to ?
Off Sun 22nd
Start Mon 23rd

The week that ended on Sun 15th has a regular weekly rest using the first 45 hours of the 13th to 19th rest period
The week that ended on Sun 22nd has a regular weekly rest using the last 45 hours of the 13th to 19th rest period
The week ending Sun 29th already has a reduced weekly rest from shift ending on Sat 21st to starting Mon 23rd

Your next weekly rest must start no later than 144 hours from the time you start the Mon 23rd shift and that weekly rest can be as little as 24 hours off

Thanks Rog :smiley: