Another new class 2 driver

Hi everyone, a bit of advice please if you would be so kind…

I passed my Class 2 yesterday (19th October) so im waiting for my digicard, CPC card and updated licence. When ive got these, would you recommend me emailing companies with my CV or using a job search?

Ive heard some companies dont like direct contact with CV’s but some do.

Whats the best route in your opinions?

Best advice would be to state your area on here pal and others in your area may be able to give you an idea of who and who not would be worth approaching,welcome btw :smiley:

passed my Class 2 yesterday (19th October) so im waiting for my digicard, CPC card and updated licence. When ive got these, would you recommend me emailing companies with my CV or using a job search

NEITHER! Get in your car and go knocking on doors. Have your gear with you and be prepared to work instantly. Carry all your docs.

Job search sites will throw up loads of agency jobs - that often aren’t current. Emails to companies are rarely read.

You need to be really proactive and ignore modern technology.

Congratulations on the pass and all the best with the job hunt.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Vulcanxh558:
Hi everyone, a bit of advice please if you would be so kind…

I passed my Class 2 yesterday (19th October) so im waiting for my digicard, CPC card and updated licence. When ive got these, would you recommend me emailing companies with my CV or using a job search?

Ive heard some companies dont like direct contact with CV’s but some do.

Whats the best route in your opinions?

Personally I agree with Peter, get out there ready to go, works more often with small companies, but also send your CV out, if certain companies aren’t interested what have you lost, an email or a couple of bits of paper, but if you don’t send them out how are you going to interest the companies who want them?

To be truthful, there is no magic way to get a job, some get it from applications, other from getting out there and others from word of mouth.

Peter Smythe:

passed my Class 2 yesterday (19th October) so im waiting for my digicard, CPC card and updated licence. When ive got these, would you recommend me emailing companies with my CV or using a job search

NEITHER! Get in your car and go knocking on doors. Have your gear with you and be prepared to work instantly. Carry all your docs.

Job search sites will throw up loads of agency jobs - that often aren’t current. Emails to companies are rarely read.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Difficult advice to follow if you’re already in a full time job and trying to change career.

Though I agree jobs boards like total jobs, even the ugov jobs website are full of agency adverts. They are mostly crap.

I can’t speak for haulage jobs yet but I’ve had success in other areas by applying directly. Most big firms advertise their jobs on their own website. With an online application form to fill in and submit electronicly. I’ve gotten jobs and interviews that way. I suppose smaller haulage firms probably aren’t set up that way. But I imagine it’ll work for some.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

:smiley: :smiley:

IronEddie:

Peter Smythe:

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Difficult advice to follow if you’re already in a full time job and trying to change career.

That’s what a week off is for? :wink:

Thanks all. Unfortunately as much as id like to take a week off, its impossible, well until the company i work for replace someone whos leaving or until start of April when my new holiday allocation begins. I dont get a lot of holiday due to the full time hours i work and the odd day off.

If i manage to get a day off, ill certainly go door knocking.

xichrisxi:
Best advice would be to state your area on here pal and others in your area may be able to give you an idea of who and who not would be worth approaching,welcome btw :smiley:

My area is S44 and im willing to travel within reason.

Vulcanxh558:

xichrisxi:

My area is S44 and im willing to travel within reason.

I’d try co op at jct 28 of M1